Looking to try "screen accurate" WTF helmet

Since Walt's Trooper Factory seems to be a popular choice as a literal screen accurate helmet, I was wondering how other remnant scouts have been feeling with the service and effort involved. For the same price as a fully built helmet, I could buy a WTF helmet as I really do enjoy the look of it the best. I've found some assembly guides but what have people's experience been lately with this kit? Is it difficult? How has communication with WTF been lately?

Also, I've always used SC armor so I've never spraypainted any before. If I built a kit, what colors/combos do people recommend? I'm just trying to get an idea before I commit. Thanks

WTF helmets were not used in the Mandalorian TV show, only the armor. The TV show used an EFX helmet.

I would caution you against getting the WTF helmet. It is a very, very difficult build for a variety of reasons. I have seen far more people give up on a WTF helmet, than those who go all the way to completion.

There are better and more accurate helmets available, but if you still want to go that direction, I can point you to a few build threads. Stand by while I go look for them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

WTF helmets were not used in the Mandalorian TV show, only the armor. The TV show used an EFX helmet.

I would caution you against getting the WTF helmet. It is a very, very difficult build for a variety of reasons. I have seen far more people give up on a WTF helmet, then those who go all the way to completion.

There are better and more accurate helmets available, but if you still want to go that direction, I can point you to a few build threads. Stand by while I go look for them.

Oh wow thank you for the heads up! Yeah I actually really don't want to go through all the trouble. Are EFX helmets hard to come by?

Unfortunately, the EFX helmets are much more difficult to get a hold of now that they've been "screen used". They weren't cheap when they released, now they're even more expensive!

If you're looking for an accurate fully built helmet, one option is to talk to Spike on these forums about procuring an Altmann helmet.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/13442-altmann-scout-helmet-barn-find/&tab=comments#comment-118800

As you probably know, SC also offers fully built helmets and build it yourself kits.

RS props has a helmet, but being that it's made from the screen used ROTJ helmet, it's fairly pricey.

• Like 1

Another option I forgot to mention -- New Image Prop Replicas. They're UK based, so again, there's shipping, budget, considerations, etc:

https://www.newimage-prop-replicas.co.uk/product-page/full-size-biker-scout-trooper-helmet-version-3

Some reviews on the helmet that folks have posted here in the past:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/20824-scout-helmet-vendor/&tab=comments#comment-190005

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/20553-one-of-my-scout-helmets-just-arrived/

There's a guy from my hometown who his selling the last of his custom resin helmets. He goes by Luna Armor Works on FB and I haven't seen any of his stuff reviewed. I'm not a fan of how my SC helmet looks but this one is very affordable since I can get it in person and it's pre built. Do you think the proportions look right? I feel like the visor is a little wide

https://www.facebook.com/lunaarmorworks/

pD7Y5Ez.jpg

eXqEPu8.jpg

That looks a lot like one of the 3D scout helmet models that's been floating around on the internet for a while. To me, the hard edges/squared off sides on the top of the face place are the parts that looks the most "off" in terms of accuracy.

• Like 3

Here's my Walts helmet..not complete..waiting for my"missing" stickers and my Hobart visor, I didnt find building the helmet that difficult. It was my first, I relied on lots of pics for reference as I trimmed. I even cut too much off my visior but I managed to fix it using some extra plastic. I sent Walt a pic and he said its one of the better ones hes seen. I say take your time..watch the videos and dont panic if ya make a mistake. 

SCOUT5.jpeg

Scout6.jpeg

• Thanks 1