How’s she looking? Just got the helmet done.

Hi Logan, of all the available helmets, the WTF is probably the most difficult to assemble, so congrats on completing the build!

One tip -- I would try and clean up a few uneven spots on the helmet with a file or emory board. Mostly around the visor and top of the eyeslot. See where I've marked in green.

helmet.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, Chopper said:

Hi Logan, of all the available helmets, the WTF is probably the most difficult to assemble, so congrats on completing the build!

One tip -- I would try and clean up a few uneven spots on the helmet with a file or emory board. Mostly around the visor and top of the eyeslot. See where I've marked in green.

helmet.JPG

Thanks a ton for this! I was worried about trimming the visor lip too thin but now that It is painted and weathered, it is easier to see where I need to shave off a little. 

I used an extra large "emery board" for nails to do my finish smoothing.  The long wide board helps fair out the abnormalities in the edge.  Its also more forgiving than a dremel.

• Like 1