Desert/sand scout?

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if I posted this in the right forum section or not, but I just had a question about a possible desert/sand scout:

I already have an approved ROTJ scout (clean shiny kit), and I’m in the process of building a The Mandalorian scout because I like the heavily weathered look. In the process of sewing the soft parts I just cringe at how the cummerbund will be worn so sloppily. I don’t see anything in the CRL about a “desert scout” but I really like the looks of heavy weathering (like sandtrooper) on a scout, like a scout trooper stationed on Tatooine with the same weathering like a sandtrooper (I’m sure the Empire had some scouts stationed there - in the books they had scouts on many planets throughout the galaxy, not just Endor, Navarro, etc.).

If I did a kit like this, would it be approvable?

I know that I could just build a kit for regular cosplaying, but I’m wondering if there might be a way to get it 501st approved? At the cost involved in all the armor, soft parts, etc. it’d be a pricy cosplay if it’s not approvable. I also know people can request costumes be added to the CRL, but since no actual “desert scouts” are seen in movies or games (I don’t know about comics, though), would it possible to add or not?

I would appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc. on this, because everything would be helpful.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Deltaturtle26 said:

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if I posted this in the right forum section or not, but I just had a question about a possible desert/sand scout:

I already have an approved ROTJ scout (clean shiny kit), and I’m in the process of building a The Mandalorian scout because I like the heavily weathered look. In the process of sewing the soft parts I just cringe at how the cummerbund will be worn so sloppily. I don’t see anything in the CRL about a “desert scout” but I really like the looks of heavy weathering (like sandtrooper) on a scout, like a scout trooper stationed on Tatooine with the same weathering like a sandtrooper (I’m sure the Empire had some scouts stationed there - in the books they had scouts on many planets throughout the galaxy, not just Endor, Navarro, etc.).

If I did a kit like this, would it be approvable?

I know that I could just build a kit for regular cosplaying, but I’m wondering if there might be a way to get it 501st approved? At the cost involved in all the armor, soft parts, etc. it’d be a pricy cosplay if it’s not approvable. I also know people can request costumes be added to the CRL, but since no actual “desert scouts” are seen in movies or games (I don’t know about comics, though), would it possible to add or not?

I would appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc. on this, because everything would be helpful.

Thanks.

If you do an ROTJ scout, it needs ROTJ weathering.  There was no desert weathering in ROTJ so that's not an option for that CRL.

If you want desert weathering, then the Mando Scout is your go to.  

That's the simplest answer.   The more detailed one is that we go by canon sources, and there are no canon sources for an ROTJ-style scout with Mando-style weathering.  If you want to do it for your cosplay/conventions, you are free to.  But it would not be approvable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikerScout said:

Let's see what this year's worth of shows brings :) I'm hopeful that between Obi Wan and Book of Boba we get some fun stuff!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they leave the Scout alone at this point and start picking on some other characters.  :D