Chainberer's Rebel Scout Trooper WIP

Chainberer

Greetings Pathfinders, 

I am starting my Rebel Scout Trooper Build today, I have not ordered the hard parts from WTF yet waiting for funds so I can afford it. 

Working on building the soft kit myself as much as possible.

Shirt - Looking at some Under Armor and other exercise shirts that I can tailor to fit the CRL

Pants - Once I find a good shirt I'm going to try and find a good matching fabric and build myself a set of trousers

Neck Seal - I'm thinking about making out of the same material as the shirt and pants and using some quilt batten to help create 3d ribbing and help it stand up.

Cummerbund, COD, Belt and boxes - I have some 100% cotton to build a test run, still need buckles, velcro, and black elastic and such but I am going to build a mock up over the next few days. Going to use quilt batten to fill and make it 3D, slightly concerned with it making it too hot.

Gloves - Cant make these, found a few options will post up here when I narrow it down

Boots - Following Cheesewhoopy's guide. Found a set of boots on Amazon and I am looking to source fabric.

Hard Parts will be purchased from WTF hopefully in the near future

For the soft parts I don't think I need too many specialty tools, for the hard parts I would be interested in knowing what some of you all recommend. 

Attempted to do some decent formatting here and will upload pictures of the mock up cummerbund and COD as soon as I complete or as soon as I run into trouble. Look forward to joining the Pathfinder family soon!

• Like 3

Welcome Welcome! I am in the process of building a Rebel's Biker as well. Make sure you post up some pictures as you continue your journey and agreed so far, specialty tools aren't needed.

Good luck and I'll be following!

• Thanks 1

Cummerbund practice attempt 1. Got it cut to length, realized I didn't compensate for stitching, probably could add more for velcro. Going to still follow through tomorrow night and stuff and add the ribs to it.

Still working on the under suit as well but I realized I purchased the wrong fabric. Decided to follow the recommendations on a dry fit exercise shirt and I'll just take it in for a better fit. Using the fabric I purchased for extra practice on the Cummerbund and COD before I buy the duck canvas.

Found a local seller for the marine vinyl for the boots (yay) so once my boots come in I'll probably try and knock those out.

Biggest lesson thus far...listen to my wife when using her sewing machine. Been hearing a lot of I told you so's. Hopefully have some pictures ready by the end of the week.

• Haha 1

Good on ya for taking a shot at sewing! It’s slow to start but once you start getting a bit of experience behind you it’ll get easier. With duck cloth and vinyl you’re going to want to switch to a stronger needle so keep that in mind when you get there.

Keep up the great work and keep those great WIP posts coming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the advice! Right now I'm using a 100% cotton clearance bin cloth I was able to grab for 10 bucks to test and get used to the machine. 

For the undersuit I purchased a dry fit shirt from Walmart and snagged a pair of trousers off Amazon, both fit surprisingly well, however I can see a slight shade difference between them so they might not work. I'll post pictures after I finish this attempt at a Cummerbund and COD.

Realizing not having my armor yet is making measurements difficult but still trying to press forward.

• Like 1