Nico helmet question

I’ve finished my helmet I printed using Nico’s files and it looks great.

I’ve been working on fitting it to my head and run into an issue with my nose. When I have all of the padding to make everything else fit nicely, my nose is slightly smashed on the back of the faceplate. It’s not actually all that uncomfortable, but I’m pretty sure it’ll get sore after trooping for a bit like this  

has anyone ever sanded/trimmed out the flat area to make more room for a larger nose?

B534-D323-4-BF2-4329-9-F54-99892-F56-B1-
EC08-C812-BA1-A-4-CD6-8045-777-C9-A07-A6

That's just a Shoretrooper thing.

I put padding on the cheeks so it would push the helmet off my nose.

Padding on the cheeks is the best way to solve it. Here's inside my bucket. You can see the padding velcroed under the lens. It'll take a bit of adjusting to get it right but once it's set, it's a very comfortable fit.f3face525b508775484e19785cea83ad.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I have that problem as well. I have added padding just above my forehead. That pushes the helmet up a bit. Also added a bit of foam where my nose was hitting. Much better. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, Choinierx said:

I’ve finished my helmet I printed using Nico’s files and it looks great.

I’ve been working on fitting it to my head and run into an issue with my nose. When I have all of the padding to make everything else fit nicely, my nose is slightly smashed on the back of the faceplate. It’s not actually all that uncomfortable, but I’m pretty sure it’ll get sore after trooping for a bit like this  

has anyone ever sanded/trimmed out the flat area to make more room for a larger nose?

B534-D323-4-BF2-4329-9-F54-99892-F56-B1-
EC08-C812-BA1-A-4-CD6-8045-777-C9-A07-A6

Any chance you know what percentage you printed this at and your head measurements in mm diameter from nose to back of head and diameter from ear to ear, (Caliper measurements straight across)

On 8/10/2022 at 12:59 AM, resqd1 said:

Any chance you know what percentage you printed this at and your head measurements in mm diameter from nose to back of head and diameter from ear to ear, (Caliper measurements straight across)

Here's what I have in Armorsmith: 

Head circumference 24"

Head width 6.5"

Head Depth 8.6"

I think i printed it at 100%, but i can't remember for sure. I'm thinking i may wind up reprinting it in the near future and sizing it up slightly. Wearing it is a bit rough on my nose as mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1