Anyone happen to own both RS Props AND SC (version 2) Scout armor? Looking for size comparison

Hey everyone! I looked through the armor comparison thread. Really helpful and greatly appreciated... but I was hoping to see if anyone happened to own both the SC (version 2 armor) and the RS Props armor for the Biker Scout. I'm a taller guy and as much as I want ultimate accuracy, I want to make sure i can find armor that is proportionate to my body size. I had SC version 1 armor back in the day and it was great... but would love to know  if/what size differences there are between the RS Props armor and the SC version 2. I'd love to go with RS Props if they're about the same size. Any insight would help me immensely. Thanks everyone!

I haven't personally put the new SC parts next to the RS kit, maybe @BikerScout007 or @MrPoopie have seen the two next to each other as a part of the Scout Team Six crew?

I can tell you that the retired scout in the photo below is 6ft5 and is wearing the Strider/CfO armor, which is pretty close to the RS kit in terms of size/accuracy.

IMG_20180611_184101_zps3uwdugjm.jpg

• Like 3

I've had the Strider kit (very close to the RS) and SC v 1 side by side:

But honestly, I think the chest size issue is pretty overblown.  The armor is supposed to be small.  It's only supposed to cover the pectorals really.  Height never seems to be an issue for folks as much as width.  For a broader trooper, the smaller armor might be a problem.  But the SC armor is in line with most of the others.  

If a giant chest is what you're after, you may need to try Kropserkel or WTF.  

• Like 1

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate it. Seeing someone who is actually taller than me in armor that is close to the RS Props armor makes me want to go that route. Both scouts shown here look fantastic! 

You think it's a safe bet to get full RS Props armor head to toe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlacktipShark said:

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate it. Seeing someone who is actually taller than me in armor that is close to the RS Props armor makes me want to go that route. Both scouts shown here look fantastic! 

You think it's a safe bet to get full RS Props armor head to toe?

I do!  I just picked up a set myself so i am anxious to start building. 

• Like 1

I bought myself a RS helmet kit just for fun to have a biker helmet and all over sudden I found myself going all in for the scout. Unfortunately they don‘t offer the armor kit at the moment. Do you Guyana think it would be a problem having a RS helmet and a
SC armor?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

I bought myself a RS helmet kit just for fun to have a biker helmet and all over sudden I found myself going all in for the scout. Unfortunately they don‘t offer the armor kit at the moment. Do you Guyana think it would be a problem having a RS helmet and a
SC armor?

Nope.  I did that for years.  

1 hour ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

SC armor?

That's what I am currently doing.  The color of the helmet is an off white and the SC armor is regular white, but it's not super noticeable.  I'll eventually re-paint to match, but for now, it works great!

51336672332_8697297f0b_c.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

That's what I am currently doing.  The color of the helmet is an off white and the SC armor is regular white, but it's not super noticeable.  I'll eventually re-paint to match, but for now, it works great!

Looks great!  Where is your Lancer app?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Looks great!  Where is your Lancer app?

Thanks!  :)   Mine isn't to Lancer specs yet...  Definitely the paint mis-match between the bucket and armor and a couple other little things (like cutting out the fabric behind the ears and some other stuff)...

5 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

Thanks!  :)   Mine isn't to Lancer specs yet...  Definitely the paint mis-match between the bucket and armor and a couple other little things (like cutting out the fabric behind the ears and some other stuff)...

Submit.  We'll walk you through the changes.  And you just need to paint the inside of the bucket black or use gaffer tape like they did in the movie (and what I did in my own RS lid)

• Like 1

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

Submit.  We'll walk you through the changes.  And you just need to paint the inside of the bucket black or use gaffer tape like they did in the movie (and what I did in my own RS lid)

Mine has the black "liner", which I like (and would like to keep in, since I have my pads velcro'd to it).  And it's comfy on my cheeks...  :)  I'll eventually do it, I just don't have a ton of time right now to make all the changes...  :) 

2 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

Mine has the black "liner", which I like (and would like to keep in, since I have my pads velcro'd to it).  And it's comfy on my cheeks...  :)  I'll eventually do it, I just don't have a ton of time right now to make all the changes...  :) 

Oh well as long as it's black on the inside, we really don't care how it got that way.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

SC armor?

I think they only offer the built armor at the moment but they do offer that much at least! 

I think they only offer the built armor at the moment but they do offer that much at least! 
They offered the kits unbuilt a few weeks back and a few of us jumped on it. Myself and Dart included

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Btw what are your specs? In that picture it Looks like you‘re about my size (1,80m, 5“10, 5“11) I might be wrong… ;-)

23 minutes ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

Btw what are your specs? In that picture it Looks like you‘re about my size (1,80m, 5“10, 5“11) I might be wrong… ;-)

I am 6’ (out of costume).

18 hours ago, iceknyght said:

Man, I forgot how good your set up looks Jason.  Sweet!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Man, I forgot how good your set up looks Jason.  Sweet!

Aw, thanks!  Yours is pretty dang good as well!!  I want to weather mine at some point too, cause it just looks "right"...  One of the many things I still need to do...

• Thanks 1