3D Printing JFO Scout (progress thread)

Ammonites

Got a better 3D printer, so I've decided to move forward and start on my Jedi: Fallen Order Scout Trooper.  Been needing some upgrades to my other Scout anyway.  As a test, I did a bicep piece, files from MrPoopie, and I think it turned out great.  Here's the T-bits, printed at 0.2mm height.  They turned out great!

B8AC9BA4-66F5-42A0-88F5-3774E2BB4A38.jpeg.c8bc5c05333460098c6a50c97a1aa17b.jpeg

I then decided to switch to the white filament and print out the bicep.  Using a raft support I think it turned out great.  A bit of sanding, and I may go over with gloss white to hide the print lines better.

4AE5886D-A0F2-4C0C-9858-E37116D01901.jpeg.fb1710497bf136b1028a94676517c7d6.jpeg22EEAF77-9D22-448C-8441-7B6DD9A1CACE.jpeg.a53b928fb3ebf6c59cf3444bc79a5b43.jpeg

While I've got the white filament, I wanted to do a couple bits of the Fallen Order costume so I'm getting the Control Box front panel printed out now.

EAA75BFA-DB13-4949-8FFE-11A008AAC87F.jpeg.cd37b1d6fbdec3f7f208b9399a779828.jpeg

A few more days of printing and I’m almost out of white filament.  Good news though, as the battery pack is nearly done.

After much sanding, I was able to smooth out the other armor pieces and put a semi-gloss coat over them.  Once it’s all done I will use a wash for weathering.

On another note, the JFO Scout does not have the biceps or shoulders held down by a strap so a slight alteration was in order.  I’ll work on some soft parts soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10226030484929327&set=a.10226030482089256&type=3

Using that 3D pen to weld pieces together is ingenious! Great tip. Now I’m off to Amazon to get me one!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test fitting.  Need to keep placement of certain parts from moving around, adjust cummerbund, fix the hoses and a few other things, but feeling pretty good about it.  Ordered the Captain pauldron as well, new boots are coming.

0388583E-6268-4F6F-85B8-018E2460703B.jpeg.cf4d56d6b989c2ad221c9092485bab87.jpeg

You look REALLY good! It’s coming along nicely. Some dressing suggestions to keep in mind that will help you tighten up the look for when you suit up again:

Raise your bund up a bit so that it sits under your chest armor. That may raise your cod too, if it’s attached, and prevent it from being pulled down between your legs. Loosening the strap in the back a bit may help with the cod.

Consider raising your drop boxes. If you look a Justin’s (MrPoopie) CRL photo, you can see he has them set more like a traditional ROTJ scout, about 1.5 inches below the belt. There’s no specific written mention in the JFO CRL for this, but an image is worth a thousand words right? It would make a difference in overall appearance and really tighten up the look.

f82f1f700066af748bd9be9b2dda4036.jpg
You’re making awesome progress and have given me the bug to pursue this build as well. Following closely!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on your build! You look great. I only see a few dressing issues. Check the strapping on your left drop box. It appears to be hanging lower than the right. Keep an eye on the position of your bicep and forearm armor when you do your photos to make sure they are positioned correctly. When you do your submission photos make sure you have someone who can look you over between shots and make adjustment as needed. You’ll be surprised how much things move about as your fussing to take photos.

I’ll leave the finer details to the expertise of the armorers.

• 5 weeks later...

Well done, Keith!

• Thanks 1

Awesome brother! Congrats. I’m working on my JFO as we speak. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hey @Ninjadrag

[mention=80362]MrPoopie[/mention] has STL files for the riot baton, battery pack, buckle, control box and hand ports available for purchase here:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/jedi-fallen-order-biker-scout

Read through the description you’ll find a link to his Scout armor on Thingiverse if you need to print that as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm also going to work on the new riot shield too but don't have an ETA for it yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1