E11 blaster

Mandrake

So while I'm waiting for my armour to be made, I'm considering getting a e11 to work on for display or possibly trooping, would I be correct in saying it would have to be nearly 100% screen accurate to be a used once Im in 501st,and is it even allowed to be used by a patrol trooper? Also while I'm at it ,does anyone know which free 3d print is the closest to being screen accurate? Cheers :)

30 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

So while I'm waiting for my armour to be made, I'm considering getting a e11 to work on for display or possibly trooping, would I be correct in saying it would have to be nearly 100% screen accurate to be a used once Im in 501st,and is it even allowed to be used by a patrol trooper? Also while I'm at it ,does anyone know which free 3d print is the closest to being screen accurate? Cheers :)

It would have to be "close enough" for basic approval.  We have the E-11B for the Shoretrooper so you can check the requirements there:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ST_shoretrooper

As for the Patrol Trooper, no it wouldn't be allowed.  Particularly in UKG where they are extra strict on screen accuracy during troops.  

Justin, if you're just looking for a great display piece that is available as a free 3D print, check out TK14082's version on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4003566

He has a great build thread over at FISD too and has received many accolades for the accuracy of his print which he has meticulously measured real SMG parts.  There is a link on his Thingiverse page to his conversion kit which allow you to mod the SMG into an E11.  I have all of his files, but have not yet printed it myself, but from what I have seen of at FISD, it is impressive and top notch!

• Like 1

Funnily enough I stumbled upon this when doing a very quick search this morning,I was unsure of how accurate it was though, although I did suspect it would be precise due to him having a 501st assigned number! 

Reminds me how I'd like to carry an E-11 with my RotJ Biker Scout. While they aren't seen using them at all and I doubt I'd have full permission to use one at a troop, but I like the image of Scouts holding an E-11! I'd do a photoshoot with one if given the chance. An RotJ version of the weapon would be the most logical choice, but I like the ANH version, too. Heck, maybe I'll get both for my personal collection!

• Like 1

I noticed the other day that the 'storm trooper' pictured here,this is one of a few Ralph mcquarry concept drawings used to sell Star wars to the studios,looks more similar to a patrol trooper than the storm trooper design used in the originals! This was also the picture used by Andrew ainsworth when he sculpted the storm trooper , but I can't help but think it's design is closer to a patrol trooper than anything else!the non uniform sizes and arrangement of pouches,the prominence of the vocoder,the forhead shape,the belt 'buckle' looks like the hole in the back of the patrol troopers chest armour as well.I'm almost certain this was used for 'inspiration' for the patrol trooper design...he has a big pew pew and I want one 😆

IMG_20210319_013508.jpg

• Like 1