Sandie to PT WIP

Sithlord337

Hi all,

I acquired a set of 90% painted Armory Shop PT armour today from someone who never got around to building it. Need to complete helmet and obviosly lots of assembly with a few minor repairs.

Apparently this was sized for an XL which given the current situation is very much needed! however, whilst most parts seem about right size wise, the abdomen section will neither go over my shoulders or past my hips (I'm not that big!).

Any tips on how you manage it?

I will post up what I have currently but will need undersuit, boots and belt pouch/boxes as these were not present, despite seller saying they were.

I think I can make a decent attempt at the boxes if I had the dimensions if anyone can assist.

Look forward to a slow, considered build.

• Like 2

Once we see a photo of the ab section it will give us a better idea 

• Thanks 1

Yes you will need to start a wip thread on the UKG, the ab section does have a bit of flexibility but not too much, the trick to adding the back plate is to only permanently secure one side.

56 minutes ago, Hask said:

Yes you will need to start a wip thread on the UKG, the ab section does have a bit of flexibility but not too much, the trick to adding the back plate is to only permanently secure one side.

Thanks Kris, so I don't think it will have enough flex for that unfortunately. It will fit me once on I think. Is it acceptable to cut along the diagonals and add some elastic possibly just to make sure? How does answers to enquiries work? Do we have to stick to one WIP and armourer? I imagine it may be you for both, but seems silly asking and answering twice. Would this WIP be more of an update on progress rather than a full WIP?

Its your GMLs who will be clearing the costume and they will only be looking at your wip on the UKG, you could make the gap at the back bigger as long as the back plate covers it, the Diagonal sections on the actual costume were not rigid, they can be replaced with softer parts but the look would have to match, take a look at Taylors wip for an example.

• Thanks 1

I am definitely pleased with the flexible ab mod - makes suiting up and moving around just that much easier. I think all the info you need should be in the link that Kris put up, but don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruthar said:

I am definitely pleased with the flexible ab mod - makes suiting up and moving around just that much easier. I think all the info you need should be in the link that Kris put up, but don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them! :)

Definitely a modification worth doing I think. Do they do that width of elastic in white I wonder? I will certainly need it for ease and comfort. Thanks

10 minutes ago, Sithlord337 said:

Definitely a modification worth doing I think. Do they do that width of elastic in white I wonder? I will certainly need it for ease and comfort. Thanks

There are many, many different elastics available, though it might take some hunting around the internet to find both what you are looking for and what is available for local shipping.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been investigating doing the flexible ab modification, but I think I need some clarification on just how to put the suit on! Can anyone do a suit up guide or explain it a bit please? Does the ab section stay roughly complete with belt attached and then chest and back slips over etc? Confused!

Also, can anyone give me the correct paints to do the helmet to match Armory Shop colours. Thanks guys

@Rutharwould be the best to answer the first part but without the modification we put the ab section on first then chest and back ( my belt is permanently attached) as for the 2nd Halfords Toyota white 040

My suiting up process is:

1. Pants and shirt (with arm armour attached)
  2. Boots/calf armour
  3. Ab section
  4. Belt
  5. Chest/back
  6. Shoulders
  7. Gloves
  8. Helmet

Steps 4, 5, and 6 I cannot do without assistance, so I definitely don't troop alone in the PT! My ab section mod closes at the side instead of the back, so it's pretty easy to wrap that around myself without assistance before moving to the belt and upward.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sithlord337 said:

Thanks both. So guessing @Hask you step into your ab section. @Ruthar, I'd be interested to see exactly how yours splits. Can't quite see it in the WIP. 

Here's a link to the post where I dealt with the attachment component of the ab. Hopefully that gives some more insight!

Correct I step into mine or at least I did pre pandemic now I dare not try 🤣

• 1 year later...

Hi chaps, can this topic be closed? I have sold the armour on, hopefully to someone who will be able to actually complete the build. I have decided to do an OT scout now as everything needed is readily available. Thanks for your help on this one

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk