New Jacket maker

MrPoopie

I found someone who can make Patrol Trooper jackets in the US. I'm just gauging interest because she said she needed a few people to make it worth the effort. I'm not sure of the exact price yet but I know it will be below other vendors. Let me know if you're interested.

• Like 1

INTERESTED!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a jacket made by Dennis/Armoury shop, which is nice but very, lets call it sweaty. So depending on the material used in this new jackets I may be interested in a replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edoode said:

I have a jacket made by Dennis/Armoury shop, which is nice but very, lets call it sweaty. So depending on the material used in this new jackets I may be interested in a replacement.

As soon as we get one finished we'll post. 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, MrPoopie said:

I found someone who can make Patrol Trooper jackets in the US. I'm just gauging interest because she said she needed a few people to make it worth the effort. I'm not sure of the exact price yet but I know it will be below other vendors. Let me know if you're interested.

interested if still looking for for people!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Any updates on someone that make the jacket? I have unfortunately had mine from Armory Prop Shop fall to pieces after less than a dozen troops. 

On 1/2/2023 at 12:18 AM, Harkas said:

Any updates on someone that make the jacket? I have unfortunately had mine from Armory Prop Shop fall to pieces after less than a dozen troops. 

Not that we're aware of. The last 2 of use both had to make our own but there is info in the build threads if you choose to go this route. As soon as we have more info about a new vendor we'll surely let folks know.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I chatted with Sheev's Emporium about making the jacket as he had made jackets and undersuits for other types of armor and with the gasket set for my FOTK armor.  We went over samples of the pattern and material of the jacket and this is something he might be able to do.

So if I can get an idea of who else would be interested with this, perhaps he can give us all good price if he can make several of them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Major Space Cadet said:

I chatted with Sheev's Emporium about making the jacket as he had made jackets and undersuits for other types of armor and with the gasket set for my FOTK armor.  We went over samples of the pattern and material of the jacket and this is something he might be able to do.

So if I can get an idea of who else would be interested with this, perhaps he can give us all good price if he can make several of them.

I would also be interested.  I have a jacket but as hot as this outfit gets it would be good to have another.

I sent info to Giovanni from Crowprops as well.... waiting to hear back from him about it

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I can check in with Gio again and see if he's made any progress on it!  

I don't have a line on the Sheev's props possibility but I can look into it.

Also, @MrPoopie made his own, so he may have some pointers to share

I used a pattern (Simplicity 8705) to start with and modified it to use a rear zipper instead of a front zipper. The shoulder/sleeve attachment isn't the correct style but it worked for Lvl 1. You could also modify a different pattern such as this one. It will also take some modifications to work properly. 

The fabrics that I used were a faux leather for the smooth parts, as well as a very light cotton for the parts on the chest and back that are hidden by the armor. As for the ribbed sections I used a Yaya Han ribbed faux leather fabric that Joann's used to sell but I don't think that they carry it any more. It was a difficult fabric to find even when I was building mine. It's also not cheap, when not on sale it was something like $30/yd.

You can create your own ribbing with a light vinyl (or leather) fabric and pipping but this can be pretty time consuming and a bit tricky to keep it consistent.

I found it best to start with finding a pattern that works for you and has the right collar and fit. Then I would make a test jacket (from scrap fabric) so that you can figure out the parts that need to be modified and how it fits you properly. Then you can start to create the sleeves. You'll need to have your arm armor done so that you know where everything will sit. The ribbing placement on the sleeves is somewhat dependent on where your armor sits. 

A good pattern and fabric will make this a fairly easy task but finding the fabric can be difficult. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok folks.  I've been in contact with Sheev's Emporium and looks like he wants to move forward with making a few jackets for us.  🙂

Some questions......The CRL shows zippers on the ends of the sleeves.   Does the screen used ones have a zipper enclosure and if it does, are they completely hidden?  Sheev's mentions that the sleeves doesn't leave any room for a zipper on the screen used version.  If anyone has the jacket from Armory shop Props, can you please let me if it has zippers or not and if so, are the zippers visible or are they hidden?

For the picture attached in green circle, if one wanted to be accurate to the photo/screen, then there's no zipper.  It's fitted for the wearer.  Is this correct for Level 2 or not?

PT Jacket sleeve.jpg

Its ok that the zip is not hidden. As for level 2 the requirements do not ask for anything of that nature.6f3168eff77b0bff9dcc4b91de489b9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I should also add that as the zip is not listed as a requirement its also ok not to have one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hask said:

I should also add that as the zip is not listed as a requirement its also ok not to have one.

Seconded.

They can go either way. I'm sure ArmoryShop used the zipper since the wrist is fairly tight on this jacket so that it fits without bunching. That being said it's possible to make the jacket without a zipper and still fit properly. Either way works.

• Like 3