Lucasfan7 Scout build take 2

Lucasfan7

2 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Hot diggity! Do I sense a Lancer app in the future or just a minor disturbance in the force? Congrats again brother.

Thanks man, I’m going to go back through my kit and lighten up the weathering in certain spots. Now that I have looked at it a few times, I can see areas I don’t like cause it’s too dark so maybe after that it will be light enough for lancer. Either way I’m pumped to get this bad boy done 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What’s up everyone, I hope all is well. Sorry for how long it had taken me to do any kind of update. 
I have done a few troops this year and have had a chance to get comfortable with the kit. Though I love the weathering, I have noticed that it all blends with most lighting which makes me want to clean it up a bit and possibly go for that lancer status. I still want it to be pretty weathered but want to ask you guys what you think about the soft goods. Would the weathering on the soft goods be approvable? I ask this because it won’t take much work to clean up the hard armor but the soft goods will be a challenge. I will post a couple pics of the soft goods in daylight and please let me know what you think. 

65df847999f71aff236ad38b259898fa.jpg
eee7859047d15fae9dbf38a686f9bdd3.jpg
f7c993270bb37933821fe6e4366fdeb0.jpg
22fe9ef3c7c77ffbed9c29d5c48100e2.jpg
c7d38e60069c8a3426e0550550211ccc.jpg
I am the taller trooper on the left of most of these pictures with the RS helmet.

And I know, I know, I should have adjusted a few things before I trooper specifically my crotch.

Please let me know what you think about the soft goods weathering as previously asked in my post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Hi Manoah, nice to see you checking in again! Hope things are going well for you in CA?

I'll tag in @Retrofire, the other Level 2 armorer, for his opinion as well. IMO, while there was some subtle weathering on the Endor scouts, I unfortunately do think your soft goods are bit over-weathered for Level 2/Lancer and it would likely come up as an issue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chopper said:

Hi Manoah, nice to see you checking in again! Hope things are going well for you in CA?

I'll tag in @Retrofire, the other Level 2 armorer, for his opinion as well. IMO, while there was some subtle weathering on the Endor scouts, I unfortunately do think your soft goods are bit over-weathered for Level 2/Lancer and it would likely come up as an issue.

Hey Manoah, so great to see you out trooping and I hope you’re having fun!

Reviewing you pictures here against the Scoutopedia I would have to agree with @Chopper that your bund/cod would be difficult to approve in their current state. Would you be able to provide a photo of it under good lighting conditions from a few different angles so we could get a better look at it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 1:40 PM, Chopper said:

Thanks man I appreciate that. I totally understand that. 

On 11/5/2021 at 5:47 AM, Retrofire said:

Hey Manoah, so great to see you out trooping and I hope you’re having fun!

Reviewing you pictures here against the Scoutopedia I would have to agree with @Chopper that your bund/cod would be difficult to approve in their current state. Would you be able to provide a photo of it under good lighting conditions from a few different angles so we could get a better look at it. 

No worries, I totally understand that. I’m sure that if it looks like too much weathering in these photos then it is probably too much since these photos already look light compared to it up close. I will send a few through though just to get an idea from you guys how much I would have to reduce it. 

Hey Manoh, thanks for the the additional photos. Pete and I chatted a bit and unfortunately, the current soft parts are just too weathered for Level 2/Lancer.

Since I'm guessing you used spray paint, I'm not sure what it would take to reduce the weathering without also destroying or further discoloring the fabric at the same time. You might try a handwash and a toothbrush in a small less visible area to see if that does anything?

As a reference, the soft goods in ROTJ had black spray misting, but were not heavily weathered.

Blu%20Ray%20bund.jpg

bunkerscout.jpg

Blu%20Ray%20vest%20bund.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Hey Manoh, thanks for the the additional photos. Pete and I chatted a bit and unfortunately, the current soft parts are just too weathered for Level 2/Lancer.

Since I'm guessing you used spray paint, I'm not sure what it would take to reduce the weathering without also destroying or further discoloring the fabric at the same time. You might try a handwash and a toothbrush in a small less visible area to see if that does anything?

As a reference, the soft goods in ROTJ had black spray misting, but were not heavily weathered.

Blu%20Ray%20bund.jpg

bunkerscout.jpg

Blu%20Ray%20vest%20bund.jpg

Yeah I totally understand that, thanks for reviewing it though. Yeah it is black spray paint. I actually like the weathering on it and wouldn’t mind keeping it as is but also I can purchase a second cummerbund and weather it slightly different. It’s not a huge cost and I could squeeze it in. I want a set with off white pouches anyways so this gives me the option. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hokie1 said:

Looks sharp. Can I see the inside of your bund and how the suspenders are set up? Thanks. 

Yeah I will a bit later when I’m home from work, as long as I don’t forget 

• Like 1