Using real wiring?

I've had the idea on my mind for a while, but thought to get some feedback from this community, in case my idea is ultimately a bad one. As the title goes, I've thought about using real wiring for the harness system. It won't power anything electronic, as I've got nothing on that. I've found some red replacement power cord for cheap (and on sale) while looking through an online surplus electronics store (where I also found grey coiled wires for the thermal detonator). Might look a bit more realistic, but I fear it could pose an issue or two, as well.
Also, I should bring up the color choice. I know the CRL calls for a more orange-red colored cord, but they always looked closer to pure red to me when looking at the videos and screenshots. Furthermore, pure red just looks better to me, anyway.

9 hours ago, FoximalFox said:

Also, I should bring up the color choice. I know the CRL calls for a more orange-red colored cord, but they always looked closer to pure red to me when looking at the videos and screenshots. Furthermore, pure red just looks better to me, anyway.

Looks like orange-red to me.  Even the Black Series toy uses a rust-type color. 

Fallen-Order-Black-Series-Scout-Trooper-

But hey, if you think you can slide it past your GML....

• Like 1