New Mando Scout Trooper build

Howdy Yall!  Long time lurker, figured I'd finally get the ball rolling on a scout trooper build!  I chose the mando scout because I already have the flight suit from being a gunner, so less stuff for me to make!  I currently have a kropserkel helmet and just ordered some Studio Creations armor because they have a sale.  I plan on making the boots myself, and I have already started making the cummerbund and pouches.   I want to finish most of this build by the end of january, so I'll be posting questions as much as I can if I have them.  But hopefully I will have the pouches and cummerbund very soon!  One question I have is: How do you attach the cod piece to the cummerbund?  Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Hi Jack! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Make sure you pull the CRL from the 501st site so you have a good checklist to work from. So there are several methods that you can use for the cod piece. Most ROTJ scouts attach it to the vest per the movie versions. In ROTJ the bund and cod were two separate pieces and having attached to the vest give a freedom of movement as it's not fixed to the bund. Other methods require the use of hook/loop velcro. You sew a strip at the bottom of the bund and another at the top of the cod. I would recommend taking a look at several build threads and see what some of the approved scouts have done.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

2 hours ago, Retrofire said:

Hi Jack! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Make sure you pull the CRL from the 501st site so you have a good checklist to work from. So there are several methods that you can use for the cod piece. Most ROTJ scouts attach it to the vest per the movie versions. In ROTJ the bund and cod were two separate pieces and having attached to the vest give a freedom of movement as it's not fixed to the bund. Other methods require the use of hook/loop velcro. You sew a strip at the bottom of the bund and another at the top of the cod. I would recommend taking a look at several build threads and see what some of the approved scouts have done.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

Awesome, thank you!

Sorry to disappoint all of the Mando-scouts here, but I'll be switching my build to a traditional ROTJ scout build.  My confidence with a sewing machine has grown, and I believe I can make all of the soft goods that are required for the ROTJ build, which was my main concern.  Thank you all for the help!  Catch me in the ROTJ build threads!

• Like 1