Patrol Trooper coming home for Christmas

Dakota

Hello there !🤗

Thank you for the add!!

Here Dakota from Barcelona ( Spain )!

Actually I’m a Tie Pilot ANH, looking forward to get my Patrol Trooper armor this upcoming December ! And I’m so exited 🤩 .. but at the same time so nervous because I will need some tips hehehe! 😅

The armor I bought is from ArmoryShopProps ( Denis Vorobiev) I saw some videos but still if there is anyone that would like to give me any advice of how to assembly it  , I will appreciate it !

I’m looking to for the boots as well and is been really crazy ! 🥺

Thank you so much in advance ! 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Hello there !🤗

Thank you for the add!!

Here Dakota from Barcelona ( Spain )!

Actually I’m a Tie Pilot ANH, looking forward to get my Patrol Trooper armor this upcoming December ! And I’m so exited 🤩 .. but at the same time so nervous because I will need some tips hehehe! 😅

The armor I bought is from ArmoryShopProps ( Denis Vorobiev) I saw some videos but still if there is anyone that would like to give me any advice of how to assembly it  , I will appreciate it !

I’m looking to for the boots as well and is been really crazy ! 🥺

Thank you so much in advance ! 

Welcome!  I have bumped you up to 501st Access

Our Patrol Trooper armorers, @Hask and @Ruthar both have knowledge of the Armory Shop kit.  I'll tag them in this post.

• Like 1

Welcome, Dakota! :) So exciting to start a new costuming adventure!

Here is a link to my build thread for the Armory Shop PT I put together. It is by no means definitive, but I hope it will at least show you a few possible methods to the building madness.

I definitely recommend starting a build thread of your own once your parts arrive. It is super helpful to watch progress and help you along with any and all questions you may have that way, and it's always a great place to discuss new finds and techniques that you may come up with yourself! And, of course, do not hesitate to reach out with any and all questions that you may have as you go along.

Looking forward to your build! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[mention]Ruthar [/mention] thank you so much !!! This link will DEFINITELY help me so so much !!! Awesome work with all the explanations!! I love it !! Nice job !

Also [mention]BikerScout007 [/mention] thank you for introducing me to them !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I already have my full armor with me!! Yeeeeey!!! Just looking for the boots ! Because I bought one but didn’t close thanks to my calf muscles

Is pretty heavy but I’m looking the best way to fix the helmet inside and be as much confortable as i can !

So exited !!

9dbe41a44c9ce86122363287c32f2e73.jpg

• Like 2

HI Saray! The Patrol Trooper HQ has some good examples. Here's an interior done by @Patrol85

@Hask @MrPoopie do you have some suggestions on how to help make the bucket fit more comfortably?

• Like 1

Hi an welcome to the patrol corps
Good to see more troopers are on the Way :)

The boots on the crl are These

https://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/p_12640_mens-tuffa-berkshire-black

Have alook in the wip patrol
It gives a great ide on how to put the Armor together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used standard helmet padding inside mine, along with cooling fans and remote mic, its not pretty but does the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the tips !! Always helpful!!!

Also, you guys recommend me to fix the belt with the armor too ? I thought may be is good to support the weight of the baron ...

On 12/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, Retrofire said:

HI Saray! The Patrol Trooper HQ has some good examples. Here's an interior done by @Patrol85

@Hask @MrPoopie do you have some suggestions on how to help make the bucket fit more comfortably?

Sorry for the late response. I lost track of this message. I use some airsoft helmet pads. They've got large pads that fit the whole head along with several smaller pads which can be used to fill in any extra gaps so everything fits snug but softly. I have a similar setup in my Biker Scout helmet and it works great there too.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QBKWYPD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Thank you everyone for all the tips !! I’m getting closer and closer to have everything done !! Yeyyyy!!!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello again !

I have a question regarding the boots and the back plate of the armor.

I have to paint some points that came in black by Armory Shop

a0b8c429e1e0dc08fdf9047ef8aace2f.jpg

2c930cef15bd8036c7b07bb187120cd0.jpg

Can someone tell me what’s the best option ? What kind of paint is better to use to covering?

Thank you so much in advance !!

I’m almost there !! : -)

Hello Hask!

I was asked to paint it in white as is in the CRL picture.
Should I use white Acrylic type ?

Asked by whom? Most of us have those areas as black if you check out the other wips. And the CRL states it for the shin armour.

26cfbd28e3648e0ca3ed9f6a963ecdbc.jpg

Asked by whom? Most of us have those areas as black if you check out the other wips. And the CRL states it for the shin armour.

26cfbd28e3648e0ca3ed9f6a963ecdbc.jpg

Your wip was mi reference for all as we got the same kit.
And I saw you have the same as me regarding those spots on the boots, same as black plate as the picture below:

5fd9339765a686a6503e081c396cd77f.jpg

But if we look the pictures in the CRL I can see it in white so I got really confuse.

• Like 1

CRL pictures are a guideline and as said most of us have it black but you can have it white if you choose. the black area on the shins though is a must.

If you do choose white then white acrylic will do fine.

Hi Hask! I was about to change it because it was requested.
Is the CRL saying something about the black spots on the back plate ? Like it says on the boots ? I really can’t see it.

Just by the time to talk with my GML.

Thank you for all your help!

It does not say it should be black it also does not say it should be white. You can direct your GML to this thread if they have questions.

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=264&t=105116

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dakota said:

Thank you Hask !

Most welcome

Hello there!!

I got the approval of my Patrol!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU all !! Y’all help me so much on that ! Your wip was a reference all the time and helped me A LOT !

44a0af3cfbcaee114b11bf46e847edf0.jpg
43ef2a5ea3217dd9feaad6ae8d4b6eca.jpg

• Like 5