CasualYT1300's Mando Remnant Scout Build

I thought I'd start my build thread.  I'm new to the 501st, but I'm good at making things and am excited to be focused and achieve a high level of quality.  I've been lurking on the forum for a while, and known about the 501st for a couple years but I finally made the plunge when I saw that Cal had posted a set of "b" grade scout trooper armor at a discount.  I messaged him on Facebook, (where I saw the post) and made a trip up to his studio in Loveland to make the pickup.  It was really cool to meet him and see some of his work and if you ever get the chance to, I would highly recommend it.  Here's the hard kit and assembly kit all laid out on my kitchen table.  

WGQMfEC.jpg

I've got some more stuff on order: 

Balaclava - cheap two-pack from Amazon.  

Neck Seal - Etsy, from DarmansProps (I opted for the "hero" version of the neck seal with velcro)

Flightsuit - I opted for making my own.  I'm not totally terrible at sewing.  I'll be modifying the Red Kap Twill Action Back Coverall.  I wasn't sure how the fit is, so I ordered one as a 44, and one as a 42 and I'll use whichever fits me better as the base, and cut up the other one for making pockets and a collar.  

Gloves - Wampawear Large

Bag - I ordered a surplus large P37 bag from eBay, a pistol belt, some rectangular rings, and a rank bar from 1135 Replicas on etsy

Things I still need to make/source/wait for more funds to purchase:

Helmet - I want to pick up one of Cal's kits when he has one available

Cumberbund/Codpiece/Pouches - I think I can make them myself.  I want to finish the flight suit first though.

Boots - I think I can make these too.  

Holdout Blaster - I might get my 3d printer fixed, and then print/finish one.  If not, I'll opt for a good resin kit.  

I think that covers everything that's listed in the CRL?  Anyway, I'm excited to keep you apprised of my progress.  The other build logs that I've read through have been very inspirational, and I hope that I can put together a kit with comparable quality!

Welcome to the build club Chris! Looks like you got a really good set for your base. Remember to take it slow and keep the measure twice, cut once mantra. Keep a copy of the CRL handy and remember we're here for you should you need anything.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First mini-project is done. I used some duct tape to see if the chest needed any serious modification to fit, and I think it looks pretty good. I also got a bag mostly put together—I’m waiting for the badge greeblie and then it will be done.

British P37 bag from eBay in Khaki. You want to get the larger bag, it has little loops on the bottom.

Military Double Prong Canvas Belt, Heavy Duty Thick Cotton Army Pistol Grommet 2 Hole 1.75 inches from Amazon

2” x .04” Rectangular ring

Double Cap Rivets

Also, no cats were harmed in the testing of this satchel.906298290744195ad3bb8b550b66d0ee.jpg
f9e4bbf4f0c2df045cebba86cb2f2dc3.jpg
f31e2db308372ad7336c61b50e0a3b80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...