add mirror film to the lens

Edoode

Hello,

I've finished my Patrol Trooper (yes I know still no WIP here, I will port my Dutch Garrison pages here soon) but when making some photo's I noticed the green visor is very easy to see in to when using a flash. I can see my glasses and my eyes on some of the close up pictures:

ud0NLZzl.jpg

Did any of you encounter this problem? I wonder if I can install some mirror film, would that require me to take out the visor?

Thanks

-Edoode

It has been over 2 decades since I wore armor that had green lenses. However, I remember using green welding mask material (the common mod in those days).  Maybe take the lenses out and have the inside window tinted. This should give the overall same green color to the outside while darkening them up some so your eyes aren't visible.

Here is an example of the welding mask material we used...

sellstorm%20face%20shiel.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

A shade 3 polycarbonate visor can be used. They're cheap and easily had. You don't want darker than shade 3 if you're gonna be indoors mostly.

• 3 months later...

window mirror foil( wich looks like chrome)you need a foil with the gluey side at the chrome side of the foil.otherwise you will see yourself 😉 .apply it behind the visor.from the outside it works like a mirror and it will not darken your sight like black foil.

Edited by TK175
add a clue
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

After reading tk175's rather handy advice,I've sourced some green mirror film from AliExpress, it's pretty much the same shade of green as the lenses!

• 11 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, Mandrake said:

After reading tk175's rather handy advice,I've sourced some green mirror film from AliExpress, it's pretty much the same shade of green as the lenses!

I know it has been awhile but do you have a link or description for the foil? And did you find any with an adhesive or only the self-adhesive that you need to attach using soap and water?

-Edoode

I've just checked, unfortunately it's not listed anymore, I did a quick search just for green car window tint / mirror car window foil and a fair few options popped up! mine was self adhesive, but you'll have to check the item listing to make sure!

• Like 1