Gloves: Wampa Wear

Boots: Husband Made

Blaster: 7CS Costuming & Props aka 7CS, formally known as DVH

Thank you for your time, 

DJ

TB82919

001Bucket01front.jpg

001Bucket02side.jpg001Bucket03ears.jpg

001Bucket04Back.jpg001Bucket05Inside.jpg002Balaclava.jpg003Flightsuit01front.jpg003Flightsuit02back.jpg004Vest01Front.jpg004Vest02back.jpg004vest03arm.jpg005Gloves.jpg006Cummberbund01front.jpg006Cummberbund02back.jpg007Codpiece01front.jpg007Codpiece020strap008Pouches01008Pouches02008Pouches03008Pouches04008Pouches05009Belt01009Belt02Strap01010Detonator01010Detonator03011Blaster01011Blaster02012Boots01back012Boots02velcro012Boots03holster012Boots05Dogbone02012Boots06bottomcutouts013ForearmArmor014UpperArmArmor015Knee01016Bells01017chest01front017chest02sidestrap017chest03topstrap018Tank01018Tank02019Tank03020Bucketoffme02101front02102sidedown02103sideup02104back02104sidedown202105sideup202106action

Thank you for your application, DJ. The team will take a look and get back to you soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DJ,

Thank you very much for your application! After a thorough review the team has come up with the following items.

Flight Suit
-Take about 1.5" to 2" vertically off of the butt flap

Shoulder Armor
-We'd like to have some additional photos of your should bells from the front and sides.

Upper Arm Armor
-Bicep armor should be at approx 90 degree position
-It looks like these can be trimmed around the circumference to help them sit flat against your arm. Can you provide additional photos of the back and sides?

Forearm Armor
-Forearm armor should be at approx 45 degree position

Back Armor
-Back armor needs to come up. Front looks good. Might need to do some shoulder bridge trimming on the back to even it up.
-The mini-strip on the center of the horizontal tank pin-striping was only seen on the 4 stripe scout (the one who catches Leia). Recommend removing two stripes to match that Scout.

Cummerbund and Cod
-The cummerbund is tucked under belt. Should sit just over the belt.
-A stiffener piece can be added to the lower cod piece to help keep it from flexing. Pulling the bund up to bring it above the belt may also help flatten the cod piece.

Belt and Detonator
- From the way the boxes are sitting with your belt we think the proper look would actually be better achieved by bringing the boxes down a little bit in excess of the 1" listed in the CRL. They should sit comfortably on your thighs.
-End caps on detonator are too wide, the excess should be trimmed down about a quarter inch.
-Center buckles on drop straps

Knees
The knee armor you have is an older version and does not match the CRL photo for the ROTJ Biker Scout. These will need to be replaced with a newer set.

TB_scout_knees.jpeg

Tank
Tank Rivet location:
The rivet on your tank assembly is much too low compared to the screen scouts. We recommend that you remove this rivet replace it with a 1/8" rivet and relocate it closer to the location shown in the MoTM screen used armor in the pictures below.

50299405797_fa856672be_c.jpg

1qew3E3m.jpg

Holster
-There seems to be a hole in the back part of your holster where the horizontal piece fits in. Can you provide a close up of that area?
-The rivets used for these areas look oversized. The screen used versions used a 1/8" rivet and we recommend changing these rivets out with the proper sizes. Chopper has had experience in drilling out rivets and he recommends that you use 1/8" DeWalt Cobalt drill bit for removing aluminum rivets. He says that it goes through them like butter and should not heat the surrounding ABS.

RBTjw8fm.jpg

Boots
- The horizontal seams should be either removed or camouflaged with white paint.

50299410402_f9f8c03762_b.jpg

I realize it seems like a lot but you should be very proud of what you've accomplished so far. Your overall kit is well done and just needs some fine tuning to get you over the line. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the feedback. Will start working on the fixes. 

DJ

5 hours ago, Retrofire said:

MoTM

Ok one quick question...will have more later but what does "MoTM" mean?

Thanks

DJ

We'll be happy to answer all you have DJ. MoTM is the Magic of the Myth show where they exhibited one of the screen used ROTJ Scouts from the LFL Costume Archive.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to say I have not forgotten this thread. Due to some health issues I had to step away from up grading everything. Hope to get back at it soon and decided weather I am going to continue forward on the path to Lancer or pull my application. 

Thanks
DJ
TB-82919

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It is with a heavy heart that I have to pull my application for Lancer. While I understand and apricate the attention to detail there are some fixes I can not do without replacing parts. And finding just the parts is hard for me. In order to meet the Lancer approval I would have to remake the boots and find someone who sales just the holster piece, been trying to find JUST the tank because this is the 2nd tank for this costume. The first one broke when we removed the rivet and I am afraid that will happen this time too. Add in finding new knee plates that I just can't find without ordering all new armour. Which I can not afford to do at this time. When I retire this one, cause I know one day it will be retired things wear out and will need to be replaced. I will build the next one to Lancer spec and also find a maker that will make just bits and bobs in case I mess up.

Thank you for your time in going over my kit. And all the feed back.  I wish you all the best of luck.

DJ

• Thanks 1

• BikerScout007 changed the title to TB-82919 Requesting Lancer (WITHDRAWN)

No problem at all, DJ. Thank you for letting us know. We are always here if you need anything.

• Like 2

Thanks for reaching out Pathfinder! As Chopper mentioned we're always here should you need anything.

• Like 1