NathanZX10R's Scout WIP

Nathanzx10r

Well done, Nathan!  I've upgraded you to Pathfinder status.

Now let's get that Lancer app in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

Well done, Nathan!  I've upgraded you to Pathfinder status.

Now let's get that Lancer app in!

Still got some work to do before I can do that.... Back to the WIP, Thanks a million! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nathanzx10r said:

Still got some work to do before I can do that.... Back to the WIP, Thanks a million! 

I'm sure @Retrofire and @Chopper will be happy to give you pointers.  Since they are the Level 2 review team it makes their lives easier to have an applicant who has already done their homework!

• Like 3

Congrats Nathan! Great work and way to hang in there! If you want to go for Lancer, and I hope you do, give Chopper and I a shout out.

• Thanks 1

OK... I got my fan kit today. Of course, my luck they didn't pack the connection that connects both fans to the same on/off button (sigh). However, I did a little work installing the fans.  I sat there for a bit trying to figure out a way to install these so it keeps my visor clear & fits in the helmet with my big fat head.  Now my helmet doesn't open all the way, so if you open yours all the way, this probably wont work for you. I just crack mine open enough to get my head in and then shut it, so it isn't a big deal for me. I was able to mount the fans pointing right at my visor without taking up any interior room what so ever.  

0205211446-HDR.jpg

0205211516-HDR.jpg

0205211526.jpg

0205211527.jpg

0205211552-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Got my vest off to do some alterations and remove an inch from the sleeves, so that should look a little better.  Other then that, I will start working on my cod crunchy issue and see what I can do with that.  

IMG-0766.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

OK, Vest is done... Haven't suited up yet so we will see what it looks like when I get the chance. Just started my DLT-19X... New to 3D printing, have done some stuff in PLA but was hesitant on starting this project in PETG as I hear that the material is harder to work with.  However, so far it is doing a pretty good job and I really hope it continues to go smoothly.

Hope everyone is doing well!

0517211149-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

It’s great to see you back at it Nathan! You’ll be consumed with looking for things to 3D print now that you have your own printer. I’m really digging my printer and glad I pulled the trigger on purchasing one.

23 hours ago, AradunFF said:

It’s great to see you back at it Nathan! You’ll be consumed with looking for things to 3D print now that you have your own printer. I’m really digging my printer and glad I pulled the trigger on purchasing one.

Yeah, so far I have some really good Vader Helmets, Boussh, blasters, etc. Too many files, not enough time LOL.  Next helmet I will do is the RO Vader for my Vader WIP, just waiting on the designer to work out a few inaccuracies. This was my first go at printing a full sized helmet, file is OK but lacks in accuracy in spots.  But this was just my first to get the feel for how much work was involved in getting a print prep'd and ready for paint. 

181763775-834448553813899-22044932065323

• Like 1

Looking good Nathan. Some XTC-3D would save you time and a lot of muscle ache Lol.

Just FYI, it appears as though you might have your front site reversed. The narrow triangular part faces the tip of the barrel.

21 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Looking good Nathan. Some XTC-3D would save you time and a lot of muscle ache Lol.

Just FYI, it appears as though you might have your front site reversed. The narrow triangular part faces the tip of the barrel.

Yeah, I noticed that also... Just threw it all together for a picture. I will make sure it is correct for final assembly. I don't mind the hard work... keeps me honest LOL 

• Like 1

Ok.... Buttstock filled, primed, sanded to 600 and ready for paint.

0526212129.jpg

Reciever welded together and getting filled. I weld the parts together, no chance for an adhesive failure this way. Makes a little more clean up, but a very solid prop.

0526211438-HDR.jpg

0526212240.jpg

• Like 1

OK... If I had to do it again I would have welded the handle in the receiver before I preped it all, kinda forced me to use glue which I didnt want to do. However, made some good progress. Got the barrel all welded together. So far so good. 

0530210002.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had to take a little break from my plastic spaceman life to deal with my moms cancer illness. Unfortunately, the cancer has come back and has gone into her brain. She will start radiation treatment tomorrow. She is in good spirits, but she has called her sister over to go through all the family photos and such. Really breaking my heart! However, she did stir the pot enough to find some old pictures that brought back a lot of memories. 

Without further ado... My first character I ever played, brought to you by my Drill Sergeant with a sense of humor. I had to clean the latrine dressed like this LOL. He amused himself so much he snapped a picture, nice enough to give me a copy of it before I left for my AIT school.

198764744-4719116724770816-7154861417331 

I did manage to get all the parts printed for my DLT-19x scope and started working on that, first round of primer to see the problem areas easier... Filler and sanding in my near future. Hope everyone is doing well!  

0613211344a-HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry you and your family are dealing with this, Nathan.  We are always going to be here for you; plastic spacemen can wait.  

• Like 2