3d printed Patrol Trooper

Glynn

After speaking with MrPoopie about mixing and matching different designs, I’ve decided I’m eventually going to swap everything for his files. They look fantastic. I’ve made a start. Chest is partway through painting.....

1A7ACA6B-C015-48CB-9D85-41B31C2156DB.jpeg

5EFCD6E3-9C73-41AA-B767-ADC7AD7C73C3.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while but I’m moving forward again! After some awful quality prints I upgraded most of my printer and scrapped my left boot armour. They’re reprinting now and I’ve just put second coat of white on a couple of right boot parts

D356C19E-9A2D-44E9-8B78-E854E2D7DE62.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve downloaded the updates a little late for the right boot armour. Instead of reprinting, I’ve glued the front and back shin parts together. Hoping that’ll be ok after a bit of filling. Pic was taken before I discovered the update.

576411E7-22E2-4563-8FAB-E89F3A96E0E7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Trooper bootsTrooper bootsTrooper boots

Starting to fit boot parts together now they’re all painted. Had problems with the ‘boot arc’ fitting, so I tried tpu. Success! 
Once I’ve set everything in place I’ll final fit the buckles and straps.

• Like 1

How are you attaching the shin armor to the boot? Just wondering what methods everyone uses. 

13 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

How are you attaching the shin armor to the boot? Just wondering what methods everyone uses. 

I’m open for other suggestions you may have though. I’ve never built anything like this before

On 10/21/2020 at 4:54 AM, MrPoopie said:

I've punched two holes in each of the boots and fixed snap buttons there, and snap plates in the inside of the shin armour. This way the height is the same every time

-Edo

On 10/21/2020 at 6:55 AM, Glynn said:

Velcro for me. The stronger industrial kind

I did the same, I dont like snaps as they are off or on velcro has leeway if bits of it come loose

4 hours ago, Edoode said:

I've punched two holes in each of the boots and fixed snap buttons there, and snap plates in the inside of the shin armour. This way the height is the same every time

-Edo

7 minutes ago, Hask said:

I did the same, I dont like snaps as they are off or on velcro has leeway if bits of it come loose

Thanks. I have one snap because it keeps everything in exactly the same spot but I'm going to add another area with velcro just in case it comes loose and makes thing smore secure. Best of both worlds.

• Like 2

Be mindful of how low your heel armour is, the actual heel of the boot should be seen.

Looking good. I have a new version of the Thermal Detonator when you're ready. 

• Like 2

I used thin velcro, the trick is not to have the under boot strap too tight as it pulls on the front of the toe armour and causes it to lift.

• Like 1

It may be the wrong size. Just like the heel it should sit just above the sole stitching on the sides. Also, I used industrial velcro on the top of the toe and corresponding bottom side of the toe armor. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...