TB Newb Series: Question: Helmet Stickers & Lacquer

Hello.  While watching some videos on assembling the TB helmet, one person said to put a lacquer over the helmet stickers so they don't peel off or get scrapped off.

Have any of you done that and if so, what did you use?  I used some lacquer on my tote box and it turned yellow and looked bad, IMHO.  I sure don't to put something on my helmet that will either discolor it or look like I added something to cover the stickers.

Thanks for any input.

If you're using adhesive stickers, I would not put lacquer over them -- there's no need. The adhesive on the sticker is usually enough, plus if you need to replace them, you can just peel them off.

If you're building a RS helmet and are using the provided water slide decals, then yes, I would clearcoat over them -- these can get scratched off. I suspect the builder was talking about waterslide decals, as those can be somewhat fragile without a top coat.

• Thanks 1

Perfect - thanks. 
Yes, this is an SC kit and has vinyl decals.  I'm not sure which Youtuber I was watching, but it's possible his decals were painted or something different, so that may be why he recommended lacquer.  

I appreciate the help!

No problem at all bud. Keep the questions coming. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1