TB Newb Series: Question: Proper Tip(s) to Sanding an SC kit

Quick question... As I have my SC kit now and 220 grit sandpaper, is there any special technique or tip to this? 

SC cut it pretty great, but a few little areas here and there where the sandpaper will help it to be smooth.

I just wanted to know before I started to sandpaper it, was there anything specific like sand in one certain direction or anything like that.

Also, when I Dremel the eye part out, anything there such as make the cut from the inside outward, or anything like that? SC marked where to cut, so I just assume cut along that line and sandpaper it down after?

Thanks!

Are you asking about the trimmed edges of the armor, or the surface of the armor itself? If you're talking about the edges, you can wrap the sandpaper around a wood block and smooth the edges out. You can also use an emory board. Shouldn't take much sanding to smooth out any jagged edges.

For cutting out the eyeholes, I like to drill out a series of holes in a rough pattern inside the marked cut lines. You can do it for the ear holes as well, see below. Once you've drilled out the bulk of the lens area, you can refine the shape with a dremel and files.

EarHolePerf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1