Correct armor positions

I'm working on putting velcro on my flightsuit sleeves but i'm not entirely sure what the right positions for the biceps and forearms are. From what it looks like to me, the biceps are facing the sides outwards and not facing back and the forearms are slightly more towards the back but not quite? From references and screen grabs it looks like they were kind of all over the place. Could someone explain the right positions?

You can't go wrong emulating the CRL pic

TB_bikerscout_full.jpg

1 minute ago, BikerScout007 said:

You can't go wrong emulating the CRL pic

TB_bikerscout_full.jpg

Very true. So the forearms are actually turned forward a bit? That's what i've really been confused about

You can line the forearm up with the center of your glove.  that's what I do when I put them on

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Instead of Velcro I use magnets riveted into my flight suit, magnets are also bonded into the back side of my arm and knee armor. It’s nice when it just “clicks” into place with no fiddling.

• Like 4

Instead of Velcro I use magnets riveted into my flight suit, magnets are also bonded into the back side of my arm and knee armor. It’s nice when it just “clicks” into place with no fiddling.

Did the magnets have holes in them so that could rivet them? If so, do you recall where you got them?
I was thinking of perhaps stitching them into the suit with a patch of fabric.

Yes the magnets have holes in the center. Sewn patches would be better but my sewing skills are non existent. I got the magnets on amazon they are

1 1/4” in dia and 1/8 thick. 

Yes the magnets have holes in the center. Sewn patches would be better but my sewing skills are non existent. I got the magnets on amazon they are
1 1/4” in dia and 1/8 thick. 

14f7ac78a7c5c0827e828a952bb93404.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

14f7ac78a7c5c0827e828a952bb93404.jpg

e9eaf659437ed4219a004561d6f04ae4.jpg
This is how my leg and arm armor lands on me every time... Just “ click “ and it stays in place. BTW I use magnets for the flaps on my pouches as well.

• Like 3

This is a really interesting idea. I would this it would need a lot more precise measurements though but once it’s in, it’s in.

37 minutes ago, KaiserintheHood said:

This is a really interesting idea. I would this it would need a lot more precise measurements though but once it’s in, it’s in.

Exactly.....A little bit of trial and error to get it dialed in but once you are happy with the positioning it’s great. 😉

• 2 years later...