Stormtrooperguy Remnant Scout WIP

Hi scouts! I used to be a member many many moons ago... Studio creations armor, MLC helmet, in the days before butt patches and vests.

I was inspired by the Remnant Scouts in the Mandalorian to get back into it.

Here is where I'm at:

• WTF armor and helmet (in hand, may replace the helmet later)
  • WampaWear gloves (in hand)
  • WampaWear flight suit (in hand)
  • TK neckseal of unknown origin from my trooper suit
  • Steph cummerbund and boot kit (waiting on)
  • Blaster 3d printed from thingiverse (working on the finish now)
  • Tote bag with greeblie (in hand)
  • Full scale IG-11 to kill me (in hand)

100051880_10219195239726063_5549482133120090112_o.thumb.jpg.531c414478eb6d6999f0146fd49f666c.jpg

My armor arrived from Walt today. I'm having a hard time with the idea of buying an efx helmet ($$ for something that isn't awesome) but it really does seem pretty clear that it's what they used, I mean... look at the gap there!

4k-mandalorians01e08-starwarsscreencaps.com-443.thumb.jpg.f95a906e2f1a9959c3ca327b218f3d2d.jpg

Would it be crazy to try to replicate that in a vac formed helmet? I could over-trim my visor...

• Like 2

Aloha! Welcome back!

Sounds like you're well on your way. For the visor, if you wanted, you could definitely over-trim it to resemble the photo above. I'd do that last, just so you have an easier time lining everything up. Also, don't waste your time trying to buy an eFx helmet. I've been waiting now for something like 7 or 8 years? Still haven't received mine.

• Like 1

Hey Brian, welcome back to the best Detachment in the Legion!  I bumped you up to 501st Legion access.

How would you like to be our CRL model so we can get this done?  Our previous volunteer has been unable to continue working on it for the time being, and I know we have people who really want us to get this done.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:38 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Hey Brian, welcome back to the best Detachment in the Legion!  I bumped you up to 501st Legion access.

How would you like to be our CRL model so we can get this done?  Our previous volunteer has been unable to continue working on it for the time being, and I know we have people who really want us to get this done.

Thanks, and If I can get it done, sure thing! 

I've already abandoned the WTF helmet. I trimmed it, fitted the pieces, and decided I just couldn't do it. One of my printers is now being redirected from R2 to a scout helmet.

• Like 3

You could check out Newimage prop replicas on Facebook. They're offering a fibreglas bikerscout helmet which comes pretty close to the efx.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

It has been a while but I'm back on the mission!

• WTF armor is all trimmed and sanded
  • soft parts from Steph in hand

Working on putting together the trimmed armor now -- assembling the boot holster, that sort of stuff.

I did buy an efx helmet, and it did not fit on my melon. I sold that off and have a printed one now and will be picking up a vac formed kit next.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been chugging along, but haven't been great about pictures.

• Armor is all weathered and most of the strapping is done
  • One boot is done, the other is 1/2 way there.
  • Printed helmet is about 50% sanded. 

Still need to weather the bund, finish that half boot, finish the helmet... but it's good progress!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good!  I'd say go a little heavier on the boot and soft goods weathering and you're good to go

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Looks good!  I'd say go a little heavier on the boot and soft goods weathering and you're good to go

yeah, i was worried that it was too heavy but then the pics washed it out completely. definitely going to layer it on a bit heavier tonight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stormtrooperguy said:

yeah, i was worried that it was too heavy but then the pics washed it out completely. definitely going to layer it on a bit heavier tonight

Crazy right?  Had the same issue with my Shoretrooper.  You start to realize that you are doing the weathering more for the photos than for its in-person appearance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, stormtrooperguy said:

I'm approved! TB-7602 is back after many many years!

Congrats, Brian.  I've bumped you up to full Pathfinder status!

• Like 1