Remnant scout questions

I have ordered all the components for the Mandalorian biker scout including softs from Stephs imperial outfitters and the armour and flightsuit (Tie) I was thinking of using the Fullers earth method for weathering but searching "fullers earth powder" brings up a lot of beauty products is this correct? or am I missing something? And if it's right how do I know what ones to use?

I have seen the weathering kit on Etsy but postage make them expensive any input on this would be appreciated 

I am new to weathering so any advice would be helpful 

Fullers earth is just a type of clay, so it's pretty common in everything from beauty products to cat litter.

Honestly, it'd probably be easier to do some sponge weathering with burnt umber acrylic paint thinned with some water, but if you're looking to buy some fullers earth online, I'd try and find one with a red/brown color. You don't need a lot, so no need to get the 1 pound bag or anything like that.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

More questions looking at the shoulder connections from the D23 display photos it doesn't look like they used the zip tie method can anyone confirm the method they used? I want to get this accurate first time round 58604bc3ed42d2737759617203b3a09b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that zip ties were used in the film and that displays can vary because the costume, if an original set or production piece, is nearly 40 years old and probably repaired. I would stick with the zip ties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that zip ties were used in the film and that displays can vary because the costume, if an original set or production piece, is nearly 40 years old and probably repaired. I would stick with the zip ties.

This is the Mandalorian scout version so is WTF and fairly new so it is possible that the strapping used was changed I know the elastics are 25mm non roll ribbed elastic and the knee only has one elastic as opposed to the ROTJ 2 so it's not much of a stretch to think they changed the shoulder connections for the series too

LOL. My bad. I completely missed the remnant part.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 6:21 AM, Vmax1974 said:

More questions looking at the shoulder connections from the D23 display photos it doesn't look like they used the zip tie method can anyone confirm the method they used? I want to get this accurate first time round 58604bc3ed42d2737759617203b3a09b.jpg

I'm at this point now, and wondering if anyone came to a conclusion on this? I'm leaning toward using webbing with a snap inside the shoulder.

Zeronin’s build was used as the CRL model for the Mandalorian Scout. [mention]Zeronin [/mention]can you provide some insight here. [mention]Chopper [/mention] do you recall any discussion during the CRL development on how to attach the shoulder bells?

10 hours ago, stormtrooperguy said:

I'm at this point now, and wondering if anyone came to a conclusion on this? I'm leaning toward using webbing with a snap inside the shoulder.

Yeah the Mando Scout doesn’t use the zip tie method that’s an ROTJ application. TKZombie did a nice treatment of this in her build showing the type of snaps she used with a length of nylon webbing. You’ll find it about halfway down on page 2.  

• Like 1