Problem with the helmet

Edoode

Hello!

My PatrolTrooper armour is coming along nicely, I'm mainly following @wingnut65 build thread with some idea's from @Ruthar thrown in, and a few modificationf of myself (promiseI will post a WIP soon...)

But now I'm running into an issue with the bucket. If I put enough padding in there to see pretty wel through the visor, I can't move my head left or right: the helmet sits flush on the raised area of the back plate. Note that I've allready cut out as much as I could from the backplate where it meets the shoulder, as suggested by (among others) wingnut65.

YzdIyfzl.jpg

If I add padding so that I can just see out through the lowest part of the visor, restricting my line of sight severly, I can move my head left and right, but only a bit: then the mouthpiece of the helmet bumps into the ridges on my shoulders. If I add enough padding to move my helmet freely I can no longer see through the visor, and the bottom of my face almost peeks out from under the helmet. Now, my neck may be small, but I don't think this is normal.

So I have two quesitons: Does anyone else have this problem and how did you solve it? Does the helmet come in one size-fits-all or could a smaller helmet help?

Thanks guys, keep patrolling

-Edo

• Like 2

Hi, Edo!

I had a very similar problem with mine - the size of the helmet really inhibited movement. What I ended up doing is a little unconventional, but it works for me. I put in a whole lot of padding to actually life the helmet up high enough so that I actually look through my cut out teeth instead of the lenses. The front of the helmet was long enough to hide the rest of my head, so it really increased my movement. Vision is not very good, but at least I can move my head more easily and realistically. I have a short neck, so I didn't really find a better option for me - this particular helmet is just a big one! :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine was/is the same, I suggested to the vendor at the time  to lower the collar and braces Im sorry to see that has not happened 

• Like 1