Treadspeeder Driver Research

Post photos and suggestions here.

aee288cb92c55f7177a31f17684d2192.jpg

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Treadspeeder Driver Research

Doing a comparison against the TK it seems that this armor is pulled from the Force Awakens version. The helmet, chest plate, abdomen plate, belts, and hand plates all seem to match well. The biceps and forearms look to be unique to this trooper. The cod is a question mark in my mind as it doesn’t seem to match the current FOTK version. It seems a bit narrower and flatter to me but it could just be the photo angle.

It also seems that the upper body gaskets and neck seal are a good match as well.

The pants are going to be tricky to pull off as there is a lot of texture there. That and trying to pin down the material used to fabricate them. The boots are also rather complex looking as well. If you look underneath the greaves they are definitely not the standard TK boot!

We’re going to need some 360 shots for sure especially for those greaves. I was hoping they would be shoretrooper based but they look to be a new design.

I know there are a ton of talented troopers in here so I’m looking forward to seeing this mature and what the crew comes up with!

• Like 1

Chris over at Blizzard Force thought the pant material may be the same as the FO Snowtrooper pant.  

• Like 1

This guy has been discussed for the last eight months on the FISD forums: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47762-tread-speeder/

A couple of highlights:

Side view: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200225/ec3ac7c1823cc65da85433c1a8e3dee1.png

Similar: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200225/2b38b4aa55861172a9d1d5d2904143db.jpg

Butt plate and back: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191128/05c52002458513893106ef3f922a3927.jpg

And while I don't have The Visual Dictionary or The Art of ..., I do have the Disney exclusive figure:

E1KsfPY.jpg

qUVbokE.jpg

0ltjDGv.jpg

3GfHqxk.jpg

toCwM2H.jpg

pfl7nkU.jpg

YnOEKbW.jpg

ZrNKWZk.jpg

dVpIJSZ.jpg

mgSKKe0.jpg

And the disappointing calf/shin armor strapping shot:

0KnI2nF.jpg

• Like 1

@Wompet yup, @gmrhodes13 is building the Treadspeeder Driver over here now.  FISD didn't want it.  

Chris over at Blizzard Force thought the pant material may be the same as the FO Snowtrooper pant.  

This is the CRL wording for the FO Snowtrooper pant:

“Made from fabric similar to that of a tri-cot polyester twill-blend with square-like pattern (NOTE: All fabric pieces are required to be made from the same fabric and cannot be made from different-like materials”

Of course the pattern is different for this trooper but the fabric looks close.

The boots definitely look like some motorcycle boots. The armour from the waist up look like typical FO TK's. The biceps and forearms look the same, just with a different paint scheme.

*Edit* The boots are very similar (if not exactly the same, just a different colour) to the Alpinestars SMX 6 v2 Boots.  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-6-v2-boots

• Like 3

Appears you need to remove the logos form the Alpinestars SMX 6 v2 Boots and recolor. I managed to source some locally S/H cheap which is why I've decided I'd look at the costume.

boots.png

• Like 3

There are BIG difference between the realistic and cgi versions (also a comic version but that's a standard FOTK)

treadspeeder1.png

treadspeeder2.png

treadspeeder3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the knee pads I wonder if they were inspired by Judge Dredd comics 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see this costume has been picked up by the detachment. Would the different types of boots be an option between the cgi and practical stunt ones in terms of approval? I imagine the m/c boots would be a lot more expensive than the FOTK boots. Also the different shins that go with it.

48 minutes ago, Scottrooper said:

Glad to see this costume has been picked up by the detachment. Would the different types of boots be an option between the cgi and practical stunt ones in terms of approval? I imagine the m/c boots would be a lot more expensive than the FOTK boots. Also the different shins that go with it.

My feeling at this point is that the production trooper trumps the CGI one, but let's see how far we get. So far only Glen has shown interest in building and he's going with the MC boots. 

• 3 years later...
On 4/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Appears you need to remove the logos form the Alpinestars SMX 6 v2 Boots and recolor. I managed to source some locally S/H cheap which is why I've decided I'd look at the costume.

boots.png

I definitely 2nd you on the Alpinestars assessment. In the top middle pic, you can clearly see the a-star logo on the sole of the boot. White isn't a hugely sought after color in moto boots, so you may have good luck finding some on closeout/clearance. Also, Alpinestars' boots are generally evolutionary models, so if it's "X" specific model, there may be near identical features on a previous, or lower spec version.

13 minutes ago, dcx13 said:

I definitely 2nd you on the Alpinestars assessment. In the top middle pic, you can clearly see the a-star logo on the sole of the boot. White isn't a hugely sought after color in moto boots, so you may have good luck finding some on closeout/clearance. Also, Alpinestars' boots are generally evolutionary models, so if it's "X" specific model, there may be near identical features on a previous, or lower spec version.

Hi!  We've already finished this one!

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Treadspeeder_Driver

• Like 1