Why white armor?

Cam Garcia

This is my own opinion, but since Patrol Troppers are like the Police Departments of many towns/cities in real time, but in a Galactic environment, why do we think that all Patrol Troopers have to wear white armor?  Since the PT was only seen once in "Solo", and he was only show once, at a far away distance/angle, then we do not really know what his uniform looks like.  However from a visual effect, the white armor shows up, so my question is this.

1.  If Patrol Troopers are supposed to be the Police Officers working in a massive city on Correllia, and use their bikes to get around the massive docks, then I would say that because their armor is not quite as heavy as the Stormtroopers, then maybe we should look at them as the Police Officers who do close internal law enforcement, while the Stormtroopers are there as guards, and backup.  

2.  If the Patrol Trooper idea holds true, and is found on the newer 'cannon' description of these new characters, then why cant we have them wearing dark blue, or black armor?  The helmet coloration should still be a mixed white/black; just like the old PD hard helmet many officers wore in the big cities against rioters.

3.  Patrol Troopers are by nature carrying a variety of weapons, not just the blasters, which I take to be the regulation style weapon, but hell, why not give them heavy rifle blasters, or even a shotgun for use against the populace, along with cannisters of mace, and how about handcuffs?  Why are the PTs all carrying 'thermite grenades"?

4.  Lastly, why not ranking system within the Patrol Troopers?  Where are the Sergeants, Lieutenants?  That particular trooper on the ground would likely be a slick sleeve, one who is either a veteran officer (who doesn't wear rank), or a Trooper just fresh out of the Academy

5.  I'd lilke to see more information on the issue of the Patrol Trooper?  I know that by a certain date, they had been replaced by Storm Troopers, but until then with that one trooper on the ground, and no further information, I think that my idea of a Police Officer concept should be discussed about, and maybe we can have two classes of Patrol Trooper, "Correllia Highway Patrol (CHP), and the Correllia Police Deparatment (CPD)...

Thanks

Cam

Hi Cam, there has been a lot of research regarding the Patrol Trooper which can be found browsing this section, the way the 501st works is our costumes are based off of Canon sources, as of now the only PT was the one seen in Solo which is why the PT CRL focuses on that alone, CHiPs  is our section for those that have achieved a higher standard as set out by Level 2 specifications on the CRL.

Hey Cam!

As @Hask explained above, the 501st Patrol Trooper is based off of canon sources.  And "CHiPs" is just a fun name for our builders who have achieved Level 2 status.  We have a name for each of our costume families that achieve level 2.  Scouts are Lancers, Kashyyyks are 41st Elite, Shoretroopers are Vanguards and Patrols are CHiPs.  That's all the name means.

The best way to think about the 501st Legion is not as cosplay but as re-enactors.  Our goal as an organization is to try to come as close to mimicking what we see on screen as possible, so we give all the folks who come out to see us the closest experience they can get to being in the Star Wars galaxy.

Now I am all for cosplay and I do that with other IPs, but when it comes to Star Wars, I keep it screen accurate.  By all means, if you want to buy Patrol Trooper armor and paint it a different color and all that stuff, you are absolutely welcome to.  But it's something you'd be doing on your own and separate from the 501st Legion.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!  I see it all the time at various conventions. 

Hope that all makes sense, and that you still want to build a screen accurate Patrol Trooper costume for approval to the Legion!

• Like 1

I guess I could get down and make a "Cannon" PT uniform, but I still say the cannon armor should not have been white but blue/black.  But that is my own personal opinion, and I shall abide by the rest of the group as I make my uniform for submission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1