Welcome to the 2020-2021 Term!

BikerScout007

Hello Pathfinders!

Thank you once again for your support;  I hope to make this the best year yet for our beloved Detachment.

Due to a change in the election rules enacted last year, today is the start of the new Legion year!  So Happy New Legion Year, everybody.  As you all know, we have a new LCO and this week she will be busy getting her new team into place.  So you may want to drop in on 501st.com and see how that is going.

We have got a lot on our plate for the Pathfinders this term!

First, we are celebrating our Detachment's 20th Anniversary this year.  You may have already gotten one of the 20th Anniversary coins already; there will be more 20th Anniversary themed merch coming out this year.  We've got six merch slots to work with this term, so we are going to do our best to make the most of them.  

Speaking of merch, let's talk about the racing shirts.  Typically we like to do the racing shirt run in late summer.  Unfortunately, due to LFL taking a greater interest in what the Legion units are producing, we had to wait an additional two months to get their approval before we could proceed.  This pushed us into late fall.  Then we had issues with Keepsmile not being able to use the data file for the shirt (despite it being very similar to 2018's), which pushed us into the holidays.  Then Keepsmile let go of the agent that was working with us, causing even more delays.  Finally -- we hit another delay caused by Chinese New Year and now all merch runs are being held up by quarantines caused by the Coronavirus.  This has affected all merch across the board, so expect to see delays in everything made in China.  We are very sorry about all this and all I can say is once @Shortstack gets the shirts, he will get them out ASAP.

Besides 20th Anniversary merch, there will also be a Celebration patch coming later this year for SWCA!  Since Anaheim is in my backyard, I hope to get to meet as many of you there as possible.  Details about photos and get togethers will be coming later down the road.

@Shortstack will also be getting the 2020 Trading Card run going soon.  So be on the lookout for that!

And of course... new CRLs!

We are getting very close to completing two:  Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian and Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order.  I've been working with @Tarrif, @StephTrooper@The Wayner and @MrPoopie on those two CRLs and we are within striking distance on each of them.

Also coming down the pipe is the Kashyyyk Officer from Battlefront 2.  I've been working with @ferra and @yoshix on that one.

Finally we are still trying to gather information on the Mountain Trooper.  @heartstopper85 has been diligently working on one, but we are running into an issue with conflicting sources, as well as it only being available as an action figure, which the Legion typically frowns upon.  Hope springs eternal that these troopers will eventually show up at Galaxy's Edge, but so far nothing.  We aren't giving up though!

The Forum!  Thanks so much for your generous donations this past month.  We are all set for this year and possibly most of next year.   We have to make a few changes with the badges, which I have outlined in this post here:

If you get a chance, please edit your profile and check off the Detachment costumes you have.  (Go to Profile>Edit Profile>Scroll down to "Approved Pathfinder Kits" and check off your approved costumes).  Eventually your main badge is just going to say "Pathfinder" so this will be the only way people can see what kits you have at a glance!

I am currently seeking a female Pathfinder to join our PR team and head up Recon Fatale.  If you or anyone you know is interested, please PM me!

Finally, if you have any suggestions for the term, please feel free to post them below!  

Tip of the Lance
Mickey Bukowski
TB/ST-81974
Pathfinders Detachment Leader

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

This is going to be a great year! Let's go Pathfinders!!!

• Like 1

Thank you for accepting your nomination. And on the easy win.
Looking forward o this year, so for it seems to be a great year.
Good job.

Sendt fra min SM-G970F med Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Mickey glad your still here.

Yep I had a play and didn't break anything! 

Well not that I can see.... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dart said:

Great "State-of-the-Detatchment" speech, boss! Happy to help out for yet another term. :salute:

Couldn't do it without you and the rest of the team man.  We've got a smooth running machine here and I aim to keep it that way!

• Thanks 1