Looking for guidance or help

LeatherNeck

I’m not sure how to start this but I’m new to this, I’ve never made a set of armor before and I really want to get into it. I absolutely love Star Wars and I have since I was little. Originally I wanted to make A set of storm trooper armor but then I thought a kashyyyk trooper set would be well.... more fitting. I’m currently an 0311 infantry Marine on duty in Washington DC and have a lot of time on my hands but not a lot of tools or access to tools. I really want to get into this but don’t know the first place to start, I thought about buying a 3D printer but I don’t think I’m aloud to have one in the barracks. Is this something I Could do or should I give up and wait till my contract is up?

Welcome to the pathfinders and its an honor to help one of the few and the proud. My love for our service men is what gave me my passion for the kashyyyk kit. As for what you need to get started, i can help you with that. To get all the hard plastic stuff there are two sources that i know of. That is through Bikerchick here on the forums or you can check out Daves Armory on Facebook. He also sells the kit. It will run you around 700 dollars. Then to put everthing together you will need E6000 some plastic clamps from walmart and one of those hard plastic for sale signs. You will also want some hefty utility scissors you will be trimming your armor with along with some bondo to seal some seems once you've connected pieces together and last but not least a dremmel. The under clothing are British DPM fatigues you will be making minor adjustments on for the kit and then you can get the kashyyyk gloves from wampawear.com and the kashyyyk boots from crowprops.com the kit isnt too bad. Just takes a little patience to get through everything. We are here for you every step of the way then you too can be one of the few kashyyyk troopers in thr world. There are less than 60 of us worldwide. 4935a9b001dc429a85dd9d769e656621.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Your pretty awesome man. I always wanted to be in the military as a combat medic. I got to do a little ROTC in college but because i was on anti depressants in High School they wouldn't take me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Welcome man, this is a great costume to rock!

Not the easiest build but it's surely a confortable one and it's bad ass too!

• 1 month later...