DLT-20 and DLT-19x print files?

Hi everyone!

As I own a 3D printer, I wanted to start printing a long blaster, to work on until I have my armor.

I've found these files, and I think the DLT-20 on Esty was bought already printed as a kit by member(s) of the forum.

I can't really spot things that looks bad, to me they all look nice, but maybe you can have more inputs than me!

https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/652211213/blastech-dlt-20-a-laser-fusil-blaster-de?ref=shop_home_active_8

https://cults3d.com/fr/modèle-3d/jeu/dlt-20a-laser-rifle

https://cults3d.com/fr/modèle-3d/divers/stormtrooper-heavy-blaster-rifle-dlt-19x-from-star-wars

The file comes with the barrel shroud as one piece and a 2 piece version.

Obviously I used the 2 piece, however one of them was slightly too long still for the ender so I had to slice that in half.  However, it is the half nearest the blaster so is supported entirely by how it slots into the rest of the body.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Yes for sure :D I went with the other DLT-20 juust because. I like the way it's cut. Although both looks really good to me.

So I resized it to match more precisely the size of a real STG-44, using the handle has a guide. And I started testing some small parts from the scope. It's going to be reaaally long to print all of it! And then sanding, etc..

But it's a start while waiting to grab an armor :D

20200111_005407.jpg

• Like 1

In case anyone is still interested, I also made a file, available at Pinshape https://pinshape.com/items/58049-3d-printed-dlt-20a-rifle

I'm printing the first one, and will keep updating the file to make it more accurate and easy to print and assemble.

untitled.90.png

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 4:24 AM, MrShadow said:

In case anyone is still interested, I also made a file, available at Pinshape https://pinshape.com/items/58049-3d-printed-dlt-20a-rifle

I'm printing the first one, and will keep updating the file to make it more accurate and easy to print and assemble.

untitled.90.png

Looking veeery good :D Feel free to post pictures of the print here! I'll probably buy it, even if just to support you for a start, and then print it later after the one I'm doing :D

On 1/14/2020 at 5:01 AM, oneredstar said:

I've been printing parts of it over the last few weeks in between other parts.

Here's a crappy picture of it rough fitted together.PICT0027.thumb.jpg.a0780cb4a0d60e3b542333c282ea8c6f.jpg

That's big :o

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on my own scout build and I printed that same DLT-19x. I had a bit of a problem with the scope so I ended up adding some magnets into it and the top of the main gun. probably going to try and do the same with the bi-pod and make it so I can switch between the regular DLT-19 and the DLT-19x. Also will say that I thought the gun felt too light so I ended up getting a stainless steel rod and using that as my central support. 

• 3 months later...

Hi

i am also looking for 3D files for the Dlt-20A, does anyone know the actual length of the Dlt-20A?

The trigger portion from April Storm seems abit too big. Isn’t it? The overall length is almost 1.1m. Might need to reduce it by 10 to 15%.

15 hours ago, star-trooper said:

Hi

i am also looking for 3D files for the Dlt-20A, does anyone know the actual length of the Dlt-20A?

The trigger portion from April Storm seems abit too big. Isn’t it? The overall length is almost 1.1m. Might need to reduce it by 10 to 15%.

The DLT-20a from April Storm is right at 42.5” or 108cm. The grip and trigger portion feels fine in my hand. Overall it looks and feels right to me. I used some pics I took at Disney as some references when looking into the DLT-20a. (There’s a bunch of these blasters on display in Rise of The Resistance ride in Galaxys Edge)

I just posted some pics a week ago of my completed build:

• 2 weeks later...

Long time no post, got busy with work and life :D Still planning to get a Scout armor, so I started working on my DLT again. Tweaking some parts here and there for easy of print or fitting. STill a long way to go! No idea when I'll be able to prime / bondo and sand, as I live in a appartement ,but I'll see!

98331768_3552159341481735_232665765768069120_o.jpg

Scope is complete (minus screw to glue in the slots )! Starting to get scared of all the post process I'll have to do haha, but will be worth it I hope! Now let's print the rest.

97405175_3558907504140252_2007705221546901504_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm starting to print out a DLT-20a from April Storm. I'm using a Kossel XL delta from the frame parts off RobotDigg. It's been a solid workhorse for the mando gauntlets and jetpack I printed for a friend. I should be able to print out the 2 shroud pieces without any issues. We'll see.. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...