lancer boots, help!

Infernau

I'm on my way to finishing my lancer costume, I need help with the boots, what did you use to make the notches in the sole, what tools etc. I may need to buy new boots since I took a dremel to them and I think it's too much and will likely not pass.

20190928_221552.jpg

From here your cuts actually look ok. They could use some clean up, but I don't think you need to start over.

You will still need to remove the double tread on the very bottom of the boots as well as the palladium logo on the heel (not sure if you've already done that).

Also the color would need to be painted the proper "wheat" color. Again, you may already have that in the works. 

For xacto cuts on my boots, I used a chisel style blade for straight sole cuts. I found that really helped with the clean cuts. 

• Like 1

You could try art supplies stores. They tend to have a large selection of xacto blades.

The Kingshow boots is very popular and has the proper sole color:

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Water-Resistant-Boots-Wheat/dp/B017THAWAO

My boots:

uFxN8BU.jpg

trust me I spent a whole day looking online and calling places for x-acto blades, I'm sol for a small pack unless I want to order 100 pcs off amazon for $50! My first thought was "a 1/4 chisel x-acto blade would be perfect....argggg"

19 hours ago, Infernau said:

trust me I spent a whole day looking online and calling places for x-acto blades, I'm sol for a small pack unless I want to order 100 pcs off amazon for $50! My first thought was "a 1/4 chisel x-acto blade would be perfect....argggg"

Have you tried going to a Michael's store? I'm pretty sure they carry blade supplies. Also check out any local hobby stores as they'll likely have something as well.

If you still can't find anything, lemme know and I'll get some and mail 'em to ya. It's the least I could do for a future garrison-mate. ;)

• Like 2

those blades turn out to be $15 plus shipped to Canada (it's not like the U.S. no flat rate, free shipping is $35 +, thanks anyway.

Hey Dart, I'll happily buy some blades off of you, I looked everywhere, hobby store, micheals, home depot, rona, len's mill, staples, amazon! the only people that stock them is wal mart 100pcs for $50, it's a good buy but I surely don't need 100pcs! I ordered my new kingway 1966 boots (or whatever the model is), should arrive mid next week. I bought the fake palladium boots because I was told palladium was the closest to the original scout boots, apparently the color means alot! so had to buy the other boots, I'm just happy to not have sunk $125 into real palladium boots!

• Like 1

my last ditch effort was emailing x acto direct and finding out who in ontario sells the 5 blade packs because I sure as hell can't seem to find them around here and I'm usually pretty resourceful for stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, Infernau said:

Hey Dart, I'll happily buy some blades off of you, I looked everywhere, hobby store, micheals, home depot, rona, len's mill, staples, amazon! the only people that stock them is wal mart 100pcs for $50, it's a good buy but I surely don't need 100pcs! I ordered my new kingway 1966 boots (or whatever the model is), should arrive mid next week. I bought the fake palladium boots because I was told palladium was the closest to the original scout boots, apparently the color means alot! so had to buy the other boots, I'm just happy to not have sunk $125 into real palladium boots!

PM sent.

• 4 years later...
28 minutes ago, treehuggerscout said:

Is the main boot tutorial Lancer standard?

It's definitely the best way so far. If you follow the directions and use some photos to guide you, you can make Lancer level boots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1