Question on my Patrol Trooper build

jochensen

Hi everyone -

It's so great to see your progress on your builds on this forum. It's been of great help to my build so far! I've started working on my own build a couple of weeks back - with the Armory Shop kit as well - and I'm getting along well, I think but I do have questions with regards to the CRL:

1) Belt

The CRL image of the belt has two small black leather pouches and a bigger one but on recent images I've seen from your builds (prior to the CRL release, I think, though) and also on the Hot Toys figure, there seem to be two big leather pouches and one smaller pouch. Is the latter the way to go? I want to make sure my belt will be approvable befor I start with attaching any elements. I've attached an image of my belt attachments loosely laid out.

bdd2883db37e232748242e66f5127dc0.jpg

2) Cod Piece

As per the CRL, the indent on the cod piece is supposed to mirror the one on the ab section. That's not exactly the case with this kit. Will it still be approvable? 

a67c50feb85016829169c543b8f71de7.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Interesting.  I'm realizing that we've never had a production photos where all 3 black boxes can be seen in the same shot so their sizes could be compared.  

Looking at the Hot Toys I'd say your current configuration is correct, but I would like to take a closer look at all the photos!

As for the codpiece, it doesn't seem like a great match when paired up like that, but I'd like to see it with the belt running between them.  it may not be as noticeable.  

• Like 1

Heya, Jochen!

I saw exactly what you saw with the Hot Toys figure - the belt boxes have two larger and one smaller on that figure. I came up with some dimensions on my build thread that work for me, so that might help you get a general idea. For what it's worth I think your setup above looks great! :)

As Mickey said, the pieces don't look like much of a match when you have them against one another, but with the belt in between it shouldn't stand out too much. I have the same maker and setup - from certain angles, it looks like it matches fine, such as in the shot below. It isn't an exact mirror, but it works!

48245647122_9881f027ef_k.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

As for the codpiece, it doesn't seem like a great match when paired up like that, but I'd like to see it with the belt running between them.  it may not be as noticeable.  

Lacking pictures with the belt attached myself still, please check out Ruthar's build thread and approval pictures here:

48245646252_d447418270_z.jpg

Looks like the Hot Toys figure seemed to inform most revisions to the CRL text but the according images don't reflect that yet (neither the belt pouches nor the matching indents on the ab section and cod piece).

Ruthar also contributed to the CRL thread about the belt pouch size definitions and it looks like the comment was well received but hasn't made it into the CRL. I am not sure if production photos exist that show the full belt array. This spread from the Solo Visual dictionary seems to imply that - as he says - there are two big boxes and a smaller one as per the Hot Toys figure.

e66d6e07b430901bb12f43deb84715ce.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ruthar said:

As Mickey said, the pieces don't look like much of a match when you have them against one another, but with the belt in between it shouldn't stand out too much. I have the same maker and setup - from certain angles, it looks like it matches fine, such as in the shot below. It isn't an exact mirror, but it works!

Exactly, I have the same kit as you and as such I'd be happy if it still was approvable now that the CRL is in place. I believe yours was approved before, right? The problem is that I can't really chance anything on the cod piece - Denis' kit seems to be the only available kit and I guess it is what it is with regards to the mismatch, so if it's not approvable then I'm kind of stuck... The ab section should be worm with the flat front section centered, I think, and the cod piece needs to be centered below, right? So they simply cannot match unless I turn the ab section slightly sideways...

Weird seeing my suit in its older, cleaner state! :P

1 minute ago, jochensen said:

Exactly, I have the same kit as you and as such I'd be happy if it still was approvable now that the CRL is in place. I believe yours was approved before, right? The problem is that I can't really chance anything on the cod piece - Denis' kit seems to be the only available kit and I guess it is what it is with regards to the mismatch, so if it's not approvable then I'm kind of stuck...

No, that same text existed when I built mine, too. I don't think the term "matches" necessarily means that "the cutout is exactly the same size" - I would suggest reading it more as "the indent of the abdomen and the indent of the cod piece align" if that makes sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jochensen said:

Sorry, overlapping messages 🙂

No problem, I've been working out language with our LMO @Haskso we can make this change ASAP.   We're going to go with this so we don't punish anyone who has wrong sized boxes:

• The belt contains 3 leather or leather-like pouches with hard plate and press stud on each flap
    • they are worn one to the right and two the left of the 3 center white boxes
    • the pouches have no visible stitching.

L2 says "Belt boxes and pouches conform to size and shape of screen references."  So you will need the proper sized boxes for that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

No problem, I've been working out language with our LMO @Haskso we can make this change ASAP.   We're going to go with this so we don't punish anyone who has wrong sized boxes:

• The belt contains 3 leather or leather-like pouches with hard plate and press stud on each flap
    • they are worn one to the right and two the left of the 3 center white boxes
    • the pouches have no visible stitching.

L2 says "Belt boxes and pouches conform to size and shape of screen references."  So you will need the proper sized boxes for that.

Excellent! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great.  And looks like we're going to need updated photos for the CRL.  @Ruthar?

• Like 1

Great questions, Jochen.  Glad to see the crew was available to jump in and resolve the concerns.  I really hadn't noticed the indents on my armor, but mine matches yours. And, my GML had no issues with the variation.  Really, with the belt and boxes in place, it really isn't noticeable.

Good Luck with your build!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to wear the armor for the first time today... and found a couple of things that I need to address but I‘m pretty happy with the progress so far. The belt pouches are hard to see on this image so I‘ll send another pic for that once I fixed the baton holster that I accidentally ripped off while trying to squeeze into the semi closed ab section with the belt attached ...

aec0b706d3df7f4f3f0f0929062b9b72.jpg

d366f55722ca8f29d5d00dc863a31dc2.jpg

efac01553f4547b392375d391719a465.jpg

90a95d7386d67c90ad844600c3caaf99.jpg

aec59c2aad4cba6186b70bd0b864296f.jpg

67aba705d7427c48af2d892aa3c2c117.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, jochensen said:

And I‘m ready for duty! I got my approval today emoji3060.png