Green Lenses

yoshix

I'm looking for the green reflective lense. Is there another option than buying car tint?

From all the reference photos I've seen, I'm not convinced it should even be reflective. Looks more like a smokey green to me. But, if its in the CRL, what are you going to do.

Post up your screenshots and let's talk about it!  I'm open to CRL changes given the right evidence.  It's a little tougher with an all CGI character to come up with real life analogs for everything.

Have you tried looking for replacement snowboard lenses?  I got a red reflective lens that way. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Post up your screenshots and let's talk about it!  I'm open to CRL changes given the right evidence.

Thank you for considering my opinion. I have been studying this helmet for a month or so and will post a few things I've noticed in a different post a little later.

E0039174-0-DD5-4239-802-B-66042-AFD92-AF

IMG-20190906-162042.jpg

From what I can tell the lenses from the film are no more reflective than a normal piece of glass/plastic. All of the approved troopers that I've seen have a mirror tint that I dont think is accurate. The above is a comparison to the CRL model. 

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a better solution to achieve that color and still be able to see through it, which could be why people have gone that route. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, yoshix said:

Thank you for considering my opinion. I have been studying this helmet for a month or so and will post a few things I've noticed in a different post a little later.

E0039174-0-DD5-4239-802-B-66042-AFD92-AF

IMG-20190906-162042.jpg

From what I can tell the lenses from the film are no more reflective than a normal piece of glass/plastic. All of the approved troopers that I've seen have a mirror tint that I dont think is accurate. The above is a comparison to the CRL model. 

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a better solution to achieve that color and still be able to see through it, which could be why people have gone that route. 

Yeah that's the problem with a CGI character -- the animators can make it look any way they like whether or not it works in the real world.

I'm open to new ideas if you find a lens that's appropriate.   The green lens tinting is a very cheap solution for the time being.

• Like 1

To me they look reflective, just like Gree's lenses: 

5 hours ago, ferra said:

To me they look reflective, just like Gree's lenses: 

Taking a look at Gree I tend to agree with you. Its most likely the same color. However I do think it's not mirror reflective.

Its green and how do you show green and still be able to see through it without being so dark that it looks black.

Smoky green maybe?  If someone can mock one up in real life I'd like to see it!

But we do need to be realistic about this too.  This is a CGI character so not everything will be easy to recreate.  We also can't make it so hard to do that only a few can achieve it.  We aren't approving Kashyyyks by the dozens around here.  We currently only have 58 in the Legion total.  

If this is something that can be pulled off reasonably, it seems the perfect thing for a Level 2 detail.  Are you thinking about going green, @yoshix?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Are you thinking about going green, @yoshix?

I am seriously considering it. At the moment im working on a helmet for it so it depends. If by the time I finish the helmet I'm still pumped about camo then yes. My wife thinks I should stick with the white though and it will be hard to give up, being one of only two in the legion. 58 Kashyyyk troopers, to be honest I would have guessed less. I hardly ever see them, maybe because they are camouflage 😁

Smoky green maybe?  If someone can mock one up in real life I'd like to see it!

I'm on it boss 😎

But we do need to be realistic about this too.  This is a CGI character so not everything will be easy to recreate. 

One hundred percent agree. 

If this is something that can be pulled off reasonably, it seems the perfect thing for a Level 2 detail.

I really like that idea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yoshix said:

I am seriously considering it. At the moment im working on a helmet for it so it depends. If by the time I finish the helmet I'm still pumped about camo then yes. My wife thinks I should stick with the white though and it will be hard to give up, being one of only two in the legion. 58 Kashyyyk troopers, to be honest I would have guessed less. I hardly ever see them, maybe because they are camouflage 😁

Hmm maybe only one.  Last I saw, Grumpy was trying to sell his.  I went to Star Tours last month to see if the White Kashys were still featured in the ride, but they've already been replaced with Episode 8 content.

Kashys seem to be more popular in Europe.  I see them get approved a lot more over there and definitely see them more often in trooping photos.  

On 9/12/2019 at 3:03 AM, BikerScout007 said:

Kashys seem to be more popular in Europe.  I see them get approved a lot more over there and definitely see them more often in trooping photos.  

There are a couple more under the works in Spain, sadly no more in Portugal so far...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Green Lenses

Possible lenses:

(green reflective) Death Trooper 

(green reflective) Storm Trooper 

I have been given some sample pics from prop makers that specialize in lenses for TK's and TX's, they look alright just need a amorer's opinion. 

I'll post some pics soon. 

I spoke to Marc from opleprops on etsy 

he took a photo of the green reflective lense,  I am going to ask for a customer Kashyyyk trooper lense

Amorer's what do you think? 

49058458826_486627d978_c.jpg

49058656806_5332e435dc_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Could be the angle, is the top one more "blueish"? Could you get some more pics with different angles please?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:04 AM, ferra said:

Could be the angle, is the top one more "blueish"? Could you get some more pics with different angles please?

Hey I just saw your post, 

Should be like this green

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/576376696/ople-props-deathtrooper-mask-333696-for?ref=shop_home_active_158

I picked up my reflective lens from Kalevala lenses it’s the emerald color. I also got a Smokey green lens from spike here on the board's

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 7:28 AM, THUNDERCAT said:

These are kinda of transparent and not reflective at all.. So, don´t go with these IMO...