Kashyyyk trooper belt

I am wondering how to make a kit belt. I have seen others using rubber, but I am unsure of how to go about it
Which kit did you get? I bought the biker chick kit and it came with a silicone belt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The BC kit comes with all the silicone straps and the belt. You just need to paint the black squares in the belt ;)

• 3 weeks later...
The BC kit comes with all the silicone straps and the belt. You just need to paint the black squares in the belt

Is there a good tutorial that talks about putting the belt together with the hip boxes, the codpiece and connecting them too.the cummerbund?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

I don´t think so...

There's two ways to put the belt on:

1. Sewing it directly to the Cummerdund like I did, its the lazy way. You measure on yourself how you want the drop pouches to look and then you sew the straps on to the edge of the 'bund. Then you cover it up by sewing the belt over it. Less work but it's dreadful to packup and you may damage the belt itself while doing it.

2. Sewing it directly to velcro and then sewing velcro to the Cummerdund like I should have done, this is the best way(IMHO). You measure on yourself how you want the drop pouches to look and then you sew the straps on to the edge of the 'bund. Then you cover it up by sewing the velcro over it(where the other velcro will attach to). This extra work will let you take appart the belt for safer storage and then you can fold better the 'Bund too... The belt is kinda fragile so maybe using the industrial grade velcro is not the best idea... You won´t be carrying stuff in the belt so regular velcro should be enough I think...

I'm tired, did ^^^^^^^^^^^^ make any sense?

"Very Carefully" is not helpful at all sorry about that bro :D

My seamstress at the time never told, but as you know she did it directly into the cummerbund so maybe having that really hard fabric in the back helped.

Do you think the velcro could do the same? With the hook side of the velcro maybe?

• 1 year later...

How wide is the belt?

I can make this out of two strips of natural leather. One used as a base (dyed black) and the other used to make the inlets (painted gray or silver to match the reference photos). Both strips would be glued together. It can be fastened together in the back with Velcro or a black "Sam brown" button, so that it matches the very limited screen shots.

• 8 months later...

This is an old post but do you have a sketch of what you mean, or given the time it took me to reply(🙈) the finished belt?

• Like 1

This is an old post but do you have a sketch of what you mean, or given the time it took me to reply() the finished belt?
I am currently working on my belt. Once i get it painted, buckle attached and the snaps connected, I'll share some photos on in my WIP.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have seen the belt on the other topic, that looks awesome!

• Like 1