I still have to add the holster, and I ran out of elastic for the top of one knee. Also definitely need to make some adjustments and trouble shoot some issues. But, wanted to check on the progress so far.

eRtO6MT.jpg

q5bXMlS.jpg

7c0yHHt.jpg

I think the flap may be a little long.

uoHUYRs.jpg

I think you're pretty much there. Maybe bring in your left/photo right chest pouch in slightly.

Also, center your drop box buckles on the strap on the back side. The front looks fine.

Nice work.

• Like 1

So, the shoulder situation—looping the zip tie made the shoulder bells look like they were levitating. Plus, all that bulk under the bridge made them stick up a bit too. Nothing I tried helped that. So, then I tried just putting Velcro on one end and sticking it under the bridge. I’ll spare you those pictures because it was not working well, and they wanted to fall off. So, trouble-shooter some more and went back to my tiny loop idea. 

This time I sewed it into a loop seam—just enough to stop the bit end of the zip tie from coming through. Then, I cut off the big end of another zip tie and used that to anchor it through the mount in the shoulder bell. It’s working great.

ey1elS9.jpg

fM0i2aQ.jpg

7TzLxBb.jpg

• Like 1

A few more finishing touches to add, but otherwise, I think I’m mostly done.

lMmKdvZ.jpg

zJVtFHR.jpg

dnZxQU7.jpg

cQBmrTW.jpg

• Like 4

Very well done @jennyruth!   I look forward to welcoming you to the Pathfinders!

• Like 2

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

Very well done @jennyruth!   I look forward to welcoming you to the Pathfinders!

Thank you so much! This has to be the best detachment. I’m incredibly grateful for all of the help, direction, and for others leading the way.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Indeed I think you're there. Congrats on a great build!

Thanks for all of your invaluable and timely help and encouragement! It was priceless.

• Thanks 1

Looks amazing! I'm almost done with my RS scout as well, one of the last thing im working on is my holster, would you possibly be able to post a few pictures of yours? Mainly the inside where the blaster rests? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donovan said:

Looks amazing! I'm almost done with my RS scout as well, one of the last thing im working on is my holster, would you possibly be able to post a few pictures of yours? Mainly the inside where the blaster rests? 

Sure, here ya go! Let me know if you need more. Full disclosure, this is one-off the RS pieces that I kept, and it came to me already built.

They are also doing a build series for the Scout on the RS YouTube channel. Pretty helpful!

KYKQ5R8.jpg

thBNX1T.jpg

uHmgkMr.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jenny, you look amazing. You’ve put together a solid build from start to finish. We look forward to your joining the ranks. We’ll done.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Jenny, you look amazing. You’ve put together a solid build from start to finish. We look forward to your joining the ranks. We’ll done.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Jenny I appreciate that! I've been following the build videos but the holster one was a little vague and didn't show it fully assembled.

• Like 1

Update: got my numbers an hour later. TB 24368 at your service!

I am approved! I just have to wait for my numbers to come through from the 501st. I’m excited to be a Pathfinder soon!

I'm a little bit of a patchwork Scout, so I thought I might list where all of my parts came from.

Soft parts made by me:

Flight suit trousers and jacket

Flak vest

Cod and cummerbund

Pouches

Boots (Base is Women's Original Timberland Boots)

Gloves:

Wampa Wear

Armor parts from RS Propmasters:

Helmet

Thermal Detonator

Holster and blaster

Armor parts from Studio Creations:

Belt (their smaller pull) painted by me

Tank topper (painted by me)

Tank decals

Rest of Armor:

3D printed from @MrPoopie’s files at 85%. Except the chest, back, and tank. Tank is normal size, and he graciously customized the chest and back to make it more narrow, as it didn’t need to be shrunk overall.

Sanded and prepared by me.

Bicep greeblies were resin printed at 85%. Painted by me.

And now I’ll be able to chase myself around some trees.

u2zbtcZ.jpg

• Like 10

Congratulations! Jenny. Well done and well deserved! And thank you for posting all of the details of your kit in the last post, as your build has quickly become the #1 reference for recruits seeking information on size adjustments for smaller builds.

Once you get out and troop some in your new Scout, I hope you’ll consider making a Lancer app in the future. You look fantastic and have a really solid build.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Congratulations! Jenny. Well done and well deserved! And thank you for posting all of the details of your kit in the last post, as your build has quickly become the #1 reference for recruits seeking information on size adjustments for smaller builds.

Once you get out and troop some in your new Scout, I hope you’ll consider making a Lancer app in the future. You look fantastic and have a really solid build.

Thank you so much! Most of us with smaller frames find kid sizing too small and the “regular” sizes too big. So, while it’s a lot of work, this way has been a good option for me, and if I can help anyone else, I’m all for it.

I would have loved to go for lancer, and that was my original goal. However, the downside to reducing the size of armor is that almost all of my strapping is now 1/4” more narrow than lancer requirements. I’m at peace with it. I got close for my own preference, and I can live with that :)

• Like 2

Very nice work. You'd never know that everything was scaled since it fits proportionally. I'm very glad to hear that you're sharing more knowledge with new recruits too. 

Time to get out there and start laying down the law of the Empire. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrPoopie said:

Very nice work. You'd never know that everything was scaled since it fits proportionally. I'm very glad to hear that you're sharing more knowledge with new recruits too. 

Time to get out there and start laying down the law of the Empire. 

Genuinely, thank you for making this possible for me. You made closed doors open, and I can’t thank you enough.

• Thanks 1

Congrats again!

And, once you get your numbers, don't forget to request Pathfinder access here: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/162-access-requests/

And start a troop log, here: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/141-pathfinder-trooping-awards/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Congrats again!

And, once you get your numbers, don't forget to request Pathfinder access here: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/162-access-requests/

And start a troop log, here: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/141-pathfinder-trooping-awards/

Access requested :) Thanks!

Congrats Jenny! Awsome build and inspiring for myself to get my stuff together and get the approval, too! 😄

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, Jenny!!  I’d been watching your build and hadn’t ever had any better advice for you than was already offered; now just happy to welcome you to the best detachment in the Legion!! Excellent work..! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Omaha Joe said:

Congratulations, Jenny!!  I’d been watching your build and hadn’t ever had any better advice for you than was already offered; now just happy to welcome you to the best detachment in the Legion!! Excellent work..! 👍

Thank you! Happy to be here!