Helmet Symbol Colour

Even after a few years we still can get conformation on the helmet symbol colour.

It was assumed the colour was red and just weathered but Glyn has now confirmed it was more of a orangey red.

This will now be a level 2 requirement so make sure when you do this you match the colour with the screen photo references, however it is recommended that Spicy Orange is close.

fb3c1eb4c09caee57558b1412c99802b.jpg

8496019305a22f89edb21fd19ba3abe5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a suggestion that perhaps you publish the source of the "recommended" spicy orange. I mean, how was this colour arrived at?

A reliable source was able to do a physical Mark one eye ball check with Pantone colour book, hence why It’s only a recommended colour.

• Like 1

So basically you've no physical evidence.

Apart from we know it’s not red directly from the source as in Glyn , the recommend colour is exactly just that recommended as close. You don’t have to use it as it clearly says match screen references but to help members we are giving a recommended colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just adding to this some almost a year and some later - I did a comparison of the "Spicy Orange" sourced from a scan by Heather Duncan, ST 21006. 

Here is that paint (brushed) compared to the Montana Gold Shock Orange Dark color, painted over Sahara Beige. I'd be hard pressed to say that Red Orange is a better fit, but when I aquire the Red Orange, I'll do the comparison within this set too. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.53.48 AM.png

• Like 1

I got the entire montana gold orange range and the Red Orange was the closest match to the spicy orange. I had regular wood paint mixed to spicy orange.

Knzstg1.jpg

I also got a color swatch from Mr Paul’s spicy orange paint.

uxvkQqc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScaryGuy said:

I got the entire montana gold orange range and the Red Orange was the closest match to the spicy orange. I had regular wood paint mixed to spicy orange.

I also got a color swatch from Mr Paul’s spicy orange paint.

So our variable seems to be that the "Spicy Orange" might be different wherever you get it mixed, which isn't surprising. Based on the mix that has been circulating here in the states from ST-21006, it seems to be more orange than what you're showing here. At this point, I could spray 3 of the same oranges on a piece of paper and we'd all be arguing over which one is the "spiciest". Good info here! 

1 minute ago, ForesterDesign said:

So our variable seems to be that the "Spicy Orange" might be different wherever you get it mixed, which isn't surprising. Based on the mix that has been circulating here in the states from ST-21006, it seems to be more orange than what you're showing here. At this point, I could spray 3 of the same oranges on a piece of paper and we'd all be arguing over which one is the "spiciest". Good info here! 

Indeed, I have two spicy orange references and they are slightly different. They are also different paints making it more difficult to compare. For level 2 we’re not asking anyone to hold a pantone color reference next to their helmet. It has to be in that color range, not plain red like we had before.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

Indeed, I have two spicy orange references and they are slightly different. They are also different paints making it more difficult to compare. For level 2 we’re not asking anyone to hold a pantone color reference next to their helmet. It has to be in that color range, not plain red like we had before.

You guys do a great job - keep up the great work, review team!

• Like 1

Remember Spicy Orange is not the correctly identified colour. It was the closest match from a Pantone colour swatch held next to the real thing in the States. The helmets were painted in the UK so I would think the paints were bought off the shelf over here. I may have confirmation in a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I color matched it for Windsor and Newton Vermillion Arcylic paint. Which makes sense because its a British artist's paint and much of the costuming is based on British parts and paints.