E-22 Vendor Experience

I'm hoping the community can help me in deciding how to start my E-22 build. I'm particularly interested in the accuracy and ease of build (preferably no modifying).

I see the kit from 3D-Props is probably the most popular out there. I have also seen Thorsson's kit mentioned, and his prices are a little better. Being that I have never put a kit together before, I might be smart to get the easiest to assemble, but also want to make sure it is accurate for 501st level 2 standards. Anyone have any feedback on Thorsson's kit? Or have another suggestion? Has anyone seen both those kits, and able to compare?

Thanks for the help!

I can’t speak highly enough of 3D-Props and the effort Eelco has gone to to achieve accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went ahead and ordered from Eelco. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

So I finally have my kit. Looks great but now in analysis paralysis... didn’t come with instructions, but someone in the shoretrooper fam (Facebook) was able to provide a copy. Still there are some vague terms for someone who hasn’t done this before.

Sand it... can I use a dremel? Or electric sander? Or should this be by hand? What about grit?

Glue it... again, with what? Are we talking e6000? Is something else better?

Also, the basic instructionS don’t seem to explain the wiring. I have wires, a battery holder, and LEDs... do I solder them together? Is there any instruction on how this should all connect?

I’m way out of my depth here. Didn’t realize  the build-it-yourself was going to be a figure-it-our-on-your-own. So I could use any help you guys can offer. Thanks!

Eelco is very good with his customer service, so if anything is missing or if you have questions on how to assemble, just ask him!

I prefer sanding everything by hand. If you want to use a machine, watch out with the speed. Otherwise it might melt the plastic instead of sanding it. I generally start with 120 grit, then down to 180 en 240. If it's really rough then start with 80. You can also use a spray putty to fill the print lines.

e6000 works fine for large surfaces, and you will still be able to correct errors. For small stuff I would use CA glue, possibly with an accelerator to set the glue. For strong connections either CA glue + accelerator or an epoxy resin glue.

Thanks for the advice. Took Eelco a few days, but he got back to me and was very helpful. Probably just a little overwhelmed with orders. You are right, sanding by hand seems to work best. 
with the new aluminum body it seems you need a head gun to melt the t-tracks. Probably ends up with a much better result than the 3d prints, but I’m a little nervous to mess it up... wish me luck