ST-77745 Lux - Requesting Squad Leader Vanguard Status (APPROVED)

Lux

I hereby submit the request for approuval. Here are the details of my armour, pictures below.

Helmet: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter with lens step mod)

Armor: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter)

Shoulder Straps/buckles: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter)

TD and Pringle Can: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter)

Handplates: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter)

Boots: Orca Bay Sand (weathered and aged)

Shirt and Neck Seal: Sheev's Emporium

Jodhpurs and Kama: Rebel Base Art (Steven Walker) weathering with Dity Down spray

Belt: Imperial Issue

Belt Boxes: 3D print (Al3d files modified and printed by Joel Carter)

Gloves: Imperial Boots

E11 R1: 3D print (3D Props NL, printed, finished and weathered by Eelco Sengers)

Painting and finishing: paint colours are as per L2 requirements: Montana Gold Sahara Beige, Ford Nordic Blue dusted with matte black and Grey Dirty Down, Toyota Red 3E5, Matte Yellow (Monatana Gold) and Montana Gold Shock Black details. Weathered with dark umber and transparent black acrylics. Matte clear lacquer.

1_zps3mpnlmjt.jpg

57009146_661789167567287_375525595462343

Ok, here we go. Armor is looking good with just a few small things:

In many images the second ridge along the lens runs through above the nose, but there are also images where it has been removed. Did you modify it while taking pictures?

5wwXJWb.jpg

The handplates don't have the slots, this is currently a basic requirement.

j17AczD.jpg

Holes in the back plate need to go through, they are now recesses painted Sahara Beige.
In the right greeblie box there's an extra step around the cylinder. This needs to be removed.

Ei7lbZI.jpg

The chin cup does not have oblong holes but they are round. Also if you want to use a 3D printed part then it needs to be smooth so the print lines are no longer visible.

3cd45be7aa72aeca2770fc0e7d0fb524.jpg

The kama is too short. It needs to go down to the shin buckles as per the CRL:

• The rear of the Kama extends at the rear to behind the lower area of the wearer’s knee.
  • The front of the Kama extends to approximately level with the bottom of the shin buckle.

zqQIoWh.jpg

The boots need to be darker and also more weathered/distressed. They still look really new.

The E-11 is missing some Rogue One features:

• The end of the scope rail is bent, it should be mounted on a block with a bolt.
  • The ejection port is not smooth and there's a hole in it.

x7PBZFE.jpg

• The code cylinders are not the correct Rogue One type:

df66324504e15e27a59f4a283bff3c88.jpg

089519da492ce9cb168a4a7ef9a5df12.jpg

The color of the scope looks different from the rest of the blaster, did you add/replace it later on? Add some weathering to blend it in with the rest of the blaster.

33 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

Ok, here we go. Armor is looking good with just a few small things:

In many images the second ridge along the lens runs through above the nose, but there are also images where it has been removed. Did you modify it while taking pictures?

Yep. I took the pictures then I noticed the ridge was too long, so I modified it. The correct version is this one

20190414_172046_zpsmvepjk9w.jpg

Thank for all the indicated corrections. I'll get back to you after I've implemented them. 

4 minutes ago, Lux said:

Yep. I took the pictures then I noticed the ridge was too long, so I modified it. The correct version is this one

Thanks for clarifying.

I also need to make a correction, there are references that a bent scope rail was used so you can remove that one from the list.

f8a573009ce6bb2fb76e6abdcbce7133.jpg

1 hour ago, ScaryGuy said:

Thanks for clarifying.

I also need to make a correction, there are references that a bent scope rail was used so you can remove that one from the list.

Thank you for pointing that out, sure I'll work on the rest ;)   

Another question for you, can you show us a picture that the ridged strip is present in the right greeblie box? We couldn’t really see it in your pictures.

1c92b3829780d5404a3f54bf571a6d43.jpg

It’s actually there, but that part will be printed anew to remove the step around the cylinder, and also the strip will be made more evident.

Thank you for pointing this out.

• Like 1

We were shown a picture where the holes in the back plate do not go all the way through, but are backed by something (probably the vent plate). Therefore we have decided to allow both options: all the way through and backed. However, in case it's backed the holes need to be deep enough which is still not the case with your back plate. Anyway, there are now two options which you can choose from.

Changes:

2 small square holes and 1 small circle hole that can go all the way through the armour with no backing or they can be backed , when backed the cutouts are not shallow and must be deep enough to match the second below picture. NOTE this picture has been brightened to show the depth and the light grey is darker than shown.  

Backed circle and 2 square cutouts showing depth (approx 5mm) : NOTE this picture has been brightened to show the depth and the light grey is darker than shown. 

C03-E04-F3-B984-4038-9830-BD27-C7-E578-C

Current Vanguard standards:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lux said:

Cool, thank you!
I think I'll go with the option of making them deeper, but not completely going through the plate. 

I think it’s much easier to just drill through the plate and leave it open or back it with something.

• Like 1

Yep, it looks easier to me too. I still prefer the other for aesthetic reasons but, considering my lack of DIY skills, probably your suggestion is the best thing I could inflict to that poor back plate 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lux said:

Yep, it looks easier to me too. I still prefer the other for aesthetic reasons but, considering my lack of DIY skills, probably your suggestion is the best thing I could inflict to that poor back plate 😋

The bottom of the hole needs to be flat, that’s not easy to achieve if you only want to drill it deeper. The tip of a drill is not flat. But if you want that look then drill through the back plate. Make sure it has a thickness of approx 5 mm, so add extra layers if necessary to reach that depth. Then put something behind the gap and darken it according to the references.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this took some time but had other obligations in RL to attend to first.

1. E-11 Blaster mods

Ejector port fixed, power cylinders changed substituted, charging handle slide added:

20190609_192353_zps7olqvtnw.jpg

20190609_191621_zpsmcebzag6.jpg

20190609_191502_zpsbtctewoe.jpg

20190609_191436_zpspcp7vjum.jpg

2. Chin cup substitution

20190525_195933_zpsgo1vfhql.jpg

20190525_195924_zps9k41h1ul.jpg

3. Backplate holes deepened

20190609_195224_zpsqdtju2ag.jpg

Mods still pending:

• Backplate right greeblie box substitution to better show top ridged strip - in the works
  • Handplates substitution to display front slots - in the works
  • Kama substitution adjusted for correct length

Will update accordingly as I progress on the pending mods.

12 hours ago, Lux said:

Apologies if this took some time but had other obligations in RL to attend to first.

No problem, we’ll be here when you are ready.

Thanks for the update, we will look into it.

The area behind the handle should be flat, so adding the strip does not fix that. Fill the entire area marked in green so that it is flush (flat).

ENo54mP.jpg

Also still pending:

The boots need to be darker and also more weathered/distressed. They still look really new.

It is my understanding that a 'Hero' version exists of this prop with the added charging handle slide which is the base prop used, please see below:

e9f9fa7c-45f7-44a3-90dc-36514efc451e-ori

Reference: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

22 minutes ago, Lux said:

It is my understanding that a 'Hero' version exists of this prop with the added charging handle slide which is the base prop used, please see below:

e9f9fa7c-45f7-44a3-90dc-36514efc451e-ori

Reference: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Thanks, Eelco also sent me this picture. This still does not prove this version was also used by the shoretroopers. 

But we will discuss this. Stand by!