ST-38694 Requesting Vanguard Status (APPROVED)

Helmet: BSP v2
Armor: BSP (modified)
Shoulder Straps/buckles: Paul Prentice
Pringle Can: 3D Print (Sean Fields)
Handplates: 3D Print (Sean Fields)
Hip Guards: ABS and neoprene
Boots: Orca Bay
Shirt: Self-made
Pants: Self-made
Neck Seal: Self-made
Belt: Self-made
Gloves: harbor freight
E22: 3D print (Sean Fields modified)

shoretrooper-6744.jpg shoretrooper-6745.jpg shoretrooper-6742.jpg  shoretrooper-6747.jpg

Chest Armor:

shoretrooper-6673.jpg
Shoulder strap buckle has the pin detail.

shoretrooper-6676.jpg
Back has recess beneath shoulder strap.

shoretrooper-6677.jpg
Back details.

shoretrooper-6681.jpg
Ledge detail.

Soft Goods:

shoretrooper-6740.jpg
Gray mesh added under arm areas.

shoretrooper-6709.jpg
Zippered neck seal

shoretrooper-6760.jpg
Calf stitching details.

shoretrooper-6758.jpg
Diamond inside knee detail.

shoretrooper-6698.jpg

Hip Armor

shoretrooper-6696.jpg
ABS plastic over plastazote-type foam (scratch built)

shoretrooper-6700.jpg
Long drop-box has hinge.

shoretrooper-6699.jpg
Backside of drop-box hinge.

Shin Armor

shoretrooper-6695.jpg
Cover strip doesn't extend to top.

shoretrooper-6694.jpg

Thanks for your application, we have a few things for you.

First of all we would like to know what paint you used for the red and blue. Can you post a picture of the red bicep and a blue armor piece with a higher resolution (at least 1280 x 1024). The blue should also have been sprayed with matte black and a grey aging spray.

The eyebags are too thick, they need to be cut down so they end before the nose.

1744f924c4c06c759be8d1115471de01.jpg

Your hip armor is too small. It needs to extend further to the rear and connect to the back armor behind the thermal detonator.

145bc40805f1e064ef25c91c04668de3.jpg

The ammo shells do not have the correct hose connectors. 

TdT7EY8.jpg

The top black stripe on the shoulder bell should be ticker than the lower one. You have them the other way around.

eb6fcc35c42b3adf4ad2c27eee5f0a25.jpg

The foam in your back plate extends past the shoulder bells. You need to pull it tighter so the foam will move inward.

TJb93ZG.jpg

Your BSP shins don't have real straps but they are moulded in. That's fine, but then we would like you to make the recesses darker to give them more depth.

tIleiPz.jpg

Your boots can use some more weathering, they should be darker.

fDzmRMD.jpg

Your E-22 has a few issues. We can't see the two pins inside your code cylinders. The front bolt of your scope rail is missing. We can't see the rear of the rail, so that one might be missing too.

SEuyo49.png

The bolt handle seems to be missing

3j2PuzI.png

We can't see if the swivel stud is present on the other side of the blaster, it should look like this:

12-6-e22.jpg

We also like to see pictures of the following:

• Abdomen side (diagonal strip)
  • Front and back of the entire shirt and neck seal
  • Gloves (both sides)

When you post new pictures make sure they are at least 1280 x 1024. If the image is vertical then the height should be at least 1280.

Hi - thanks for the list of things to rework. I used Montana Gold Shock Red and Mt. Everest for the red and blue respectively. It's what I could find at the time of my build that was closest to the reference pictures I could find. I couldn't find the aging sprays locally so I weathered it as best I could by hand. I'll chip away at the requests you've made. For now, I can post the below pictures to show that I have the single side stripe and not two. I forgot to post that yesterday.

shoretrooper-6746.jpg

shoretrooper-6743.jpg

For level 2 we want to see the correct red and blue colors. The difference is noticeable. Did you check the shoretrooper paints topic? There is a US alternative for the Dirty Down spray listed there.

Most of the list are minor things, hip armor and the red and blue paint are the biggest issues.

I'm chipping away at the mods and sourcing the paints. Here is the helmet with modified eye bags.

untitled-shoot-6763.jpg

untitled-shoot-6762.jpg

untitled-shoot-6764.jpg

• Like 1

Here are pictures of the shirt and neck seal. The lines are about 4mm apart. It's a gray cotton jersey like material backed with headliner foam to make it puff a bit. The gray mesh for under the arms is spacer fabric that I found online (all local fabric shops were a bust).

untitled-shoot-6766.jpg

untitled-shoot-6765.jpg

untitled-shoot-6767.jpg

untitled-shoot-6768.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry, we need to add some more to the list. The low-res pictures make it hard to capture everything.

It looks like there is no weathering on the brown belt and the strap around the pringles can. This is how the original looked:

WJYZTHZ.jpg

There seems to be some weathering around the knee of the breeches, but in the full costume pictures the breeches look clean. It probably needs some more weathering. Can you post a full front and back picture of the breeches when you think they are ok?

• Like 1

No problem. The weathering I have on my belt and pants didn't photograph well. I'll get it more dirty! Thanks!

• Like 1

Here's a picture of the gloves. They have the detailing in the index finger. 26ae7c87f1c4d0505717b91ba96990ab.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Shoes are weathered more. Darkened them up with more black shoes polish and added more gritty sand texture in the cracks with textured paint. b23fbde480a6a5cfaa66cf349634284d.jpg5ef98475e77d6c745f86ebb2a5861b40.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work on the boots

Please show a picture of the front end of your hand plate , just to see your oblong recess is there.

12a4f2a90940584a8b92b4db94efc78a.jpg

Also your gloves are incorrect with the front finger tips (in red) as the leather does not over lap the end 3 fingers or the palm does not seem to show any padding in blue.

45c5d0592ddb68a24caee2953d45d9ca.jpg

You can see the gloves here

f571a1ef7a6525e2d8350c9fc9d3f229.jpg

16d0c9fd537519f071ebee6fbf5b7d34.jpg

Reproduced gloves Endor finders

0111084148fe9946af469501978b74d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn't see any details about the gloves in the CRL or the posting for the Vanguard status. You should try to get that updated.

Thanks for letting me know where to get them!

I didn't see any details about the gloves in the CRL or the posting for the Vanguard status. You should try to get that updated.

Thanks for letting me know where to get them!

It was probs one of those things we took for granted that people will pick up with the leather on the palm.
Also the CRL picture only show the top side of the glove so that’s a slap on the hand for us.

However we are looking at updating the picture and explanation with that with a few other things so it becomes clearer for all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Here are the updated parts for the E-22

b709a1cd9844e5b712824b18709660c6.jpgff7ecfd7b94a0bfdae75d4b314a1a255.jpg

Edit: Showing the Bolt Handle painted black

IMG_20190416_102629334.jpg

• Like 2

New gloves (endorfinders) and showing the detail at the top.
d391acb79f9ce409faee43e191721fd8.jpg7ed1ec7951b8760bb8208c908b365cb3.jpg

• Like 2

Showing heavier weathering to define the strap area. It's tricky to photograph. :P86872f7dbc9b0f7287bd85f2dc2d7a0d.jpg

• Like 2

Alright - the great repaint has happened. I got a paint shop to color match the 1980 Ford Fiesta blue color. Black misting and gray aging also has been applied. The red bicep was repainted with the Dupli-Color Toyota Red.

IMG_20190416_102511063.jpg

untitled-shoot-6775.jpg

Shoulder Bell repainted blue with thicker stripe on top.

untitled-shoot-6771.jpg

Chest painted with the new blue and proper weathering effect.

untitled-shoot-6772.jpg

New Hip Canisters

untitled-shoot-6776.jpg

Attempt at showing the weathering on the pringle can strap.

untitled-shoot-6778.jpg

Dirty Pants and Shoes

untitled-shoot-6798.jpg

Weathering on the belt can actually be seen in this shot. 😛

untitled-shoot-6781.jpg

Back foam is pulled in and my new hip armor goes all the way back to the TD.

untitled-shoot-6784.jpg

I think I hit all of the modifications you asked me to make. If you need a closeup of anything or different angle, let me know. :)

Hi 

ScaryGuy (Theo) and myself are happy with your changes and have put you forward for Vanguard status to the DL.  

Please Note just as a reference 

That you will be the first and last to be accepted with moulded strapping on the shins, as off today the moulded straps will no longer be accepted at level 2. 

Well done Trooper.  

• BikerScout007 changed the title to ST-38694 Requesting Vanguard Status (APPROVED)
  • ScaryGuy locked this topic