Where does the cod Velcro attach to?

Just about ready to submit for approval. Gotta get my helmet bolts flush, and this bit of Velcro figured out.

20190327_142009.jpg

I bought all the soft goods custom made. They came with Velcro pre-sewn on the top and strap. Where do I attach the mating Velcro parts to? The belt, the cummerbund... ?

Also, the cummerbund has 2 strips of Velcro sewn inside. I assume that gets attached to flightsuit,  just help keep it up, right? Thanks! Brian.

Just been reading through this post...

... and I think I found my answers about the cod.

• Like 2

Mine attaches with velcro to the front of my flak vest. The strap goes between my legs and attaches to the back of my vest. 

f0uSihy.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Mine attaches with velcro to the front of my flak vest. The strap goes between my legs and attaches to the back of my vest. 

f0uSihy.jpg

Thanks. Are the 2 straight stitches across your cod just to help line up, or another purpose?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diadem said:

Thanks. Are the 2 straight stitches across your cod just to help line up, or another purpose?

That's a piece of velcro that attaches to the inside of my belt and keeps it from slipping down. 

• Like 2

it really all depends on your set up and how the maker designed it

i changed mine up abit and now its like this...
my cod attaches to my flight suit
my belt is velcrod to the cod
my bund is velcrod to my vest --- my vest is not as long as most peoples i see around here

• Like 1

Mine is attached to the back of my cummberbun, under it.

Though I do love the velcro on the cod piece idea for belt Chopper so it wont slip down... mine tends to twist around

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I use a clip instead of Velcro in the back. One piece is attached to vest. And the clip on the elastic strap of the cod piece that is held on front of flight suit with Velcro under the belt. Nice and clean and easy to remove.

• 5 months later...

Not to drudge up an old thread, but I’ve often wondered why the costumers for ROTJ elected to have the elastic band for the cod piece go over the mud/butt flap instead of under it.  I imagine with Velcro that it’d attach nicely to the undersuit just below the waist and under the flap creating a cleaner look to the flap where it actually looks like a flap should - hanging free.  

My assumption with the OT costumes was that they just didn’t care that much. These things were made to be worn a handful of times and then thrown in the trash (or LFL archives if lucky).

53 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Not to drudge up an old thread, but I’ve often wondered why the costumers for ROTJ elected to have the elastic band for the cod piece go over the mud/butt flap instead of under it.  I imagine with Velcro that it’d attach nicely to the undersuit just below the waist and under the flap creating a cleaner look to the flap where it actually looks like a flap should - hanging free.  

It makes sense when you have your gear set up like the originals.  With the codpiece attached to the vest (and the strap connecting to the back of the vest), and the cummerbund wore over top, the freedom of movement is much better.  And this costume was made for doing stunts.  

• Thanks 1