ID-46223 WIP Thread

Dimentex

So yeah, probably should have started this a while ago. I’ve had two rebels biker scout kits for about 8 months, trying to get them done before Celebration. I’m at the point of setting up the mask and Micky advises I ask here.

I’ve got the two visor parts together and wanted to make sure this looked even-ish to people before I glued it.

c794254df2ea9e76e918d88c45e063ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dimentex said:

So yeah, probably should have started this a while ago. I’ve had two rebels biker scout kits for about 8 months, trying to get them done before Celebration. I’m at the point of setting up the mask and Micky advises I ask here.

I’ve got the two visor parts together and wanted to make sure this looked even-ish to people before I glued it.

Great to see some more Rebels Scouts coming! Position looks good. Can you post a picture from the side? The edge of the visor and faceplate should pretty much align.

You might want to fill the gap between the two abs pieces holding the visor parts together. The edges of the strips are creating shadows so they will be more visible.

I made a small cut in the faceplate to get it as close as possible to the visor.

vMMf0cf.jpg

Great to see some more Rebels Scouts coming! Position looks good. Can you post a picture from the side? The edge of the visor and faceplate should pretty much align.
You might want to fill the gap between the two abs pieces holding the visor parts together. The edges of the strips are creating shadows so they will be more visible.
I made a small cut in the faceplate to get it as close as possible to the visor.
vMMf0cf.jpg

You mean here? I was going to go back and abs paste around them to try to blend them into the visor before painting because I didn’t like that look either

a1f6f3567e785a56db3e3d49ba6aba41.jpg

As far as the sides, here. Holding it down because my magnets are busy atm lol

4555175c2cd2370d1f75aa475bbf85d1.jpgfcdbcb7c630d119c8bfed8024aaef004.jpgccb0b3def3f2425898c01668d852d21b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dimentex said:

You mean here? I was going to go back and abs paste around them to try to blend them into the visor before painting because I didn’t like that look either

Yes, that is what I meant. You could also fill it with some extra abs pieces until the area is filled from the faceplate to the edge of the visor and fill any remaining gaps. Then it will appear as one large piece.

5 hours ago, Dimentex said:

As far as the sides, here. Holding it down because my magnets are busy atm lol

That looks like what I have. On the outside I got them to align like this:

iXTiKoZ.jpg