Another boot option?

Skyde

Sorry to add another post asking about boots, but these things are expensive so it's nice to be sure :)

Any foreseeable issues with these?

81iavbYKPAL._SL1500_.jpg

I realize zippers on the rear are allowed for basic approval, and that no requirements for tier 2 exist yet in the CRL to know that zippers wouldn't be allowed there, but since these are zipper-less I figured it would be a safe buy just in case.

Thanks for the help!

On 1/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, Skyde said:

Sorry to add another post asking about boots, but these things are expensive so it's nice to be sure :)

Any foreseeable issues with these?

81iavbYKPAL._SL1500_.jpg

I realize zippers on the rear are allowed for basic approval, and that no requirements for tier 2 exist yet in the CRL to know that zippers wouldn't be allowed there, but since these are zipper-less I figured it would be a safe buy just in case.

Thanks for the help!

Those look great!  They have the Spanish cut tops and no zippers, which is what the Level 2 requirement will be once it's drafted.  

EDIT:  After further examination of the Hot Toys, it looks like the boots have rear zippers. 

I looked at the boot today and as we know there are no great screen shots, so the next thing to look at is sideshow collectibles as they are damn accurate. Looking at these they defo show a snap strap at the top rear of the boot.

7233bda637f4f7aea3124c236fc346d6.jpg

104b653a81a50a830ee2bc7de137bda2.jpg

I then looked at the black series which are pretty good and they show great detail

ce543b2e7eb58e7598c735ebcf85638b.jpg

I am convinced that the boots are zipped at the back because that’s the reason for the top snap strap to stop them from unzipping.

These are a decent match

https://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/p_12640_mens-tuffa-berkshire-black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome bit of research @TK8271 Rogue Trooper!  This definitely gives us more boot options and will be perfect for level 2 details. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jd green said:

Hi 

any idea when level 2 detail will be released as I’m starting to get my gear together for when my Armor arrives and would like to only have to get the one pair of boots

It won't be until after elections are over and the new term starts March 1st.  

The boots that Stefan posted above would meet Level 2 requirements. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, TK8271 Rogue Trooper said:

I am convinced that the boots are zipped at the back because that’s the reason for the top snap strap to stop them from unzipping.

Very glad I didn't place my order yet for the zipper-less ones then :) Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 11:21 AM, TK8271 Rogue Trooper said:

I looked at the boot today and as we know there are no great screen shots, so the next thing to look at is sideshow collectibles as they are damn accurate. Looking at these they defo show a snap strap at the top rear of the boot.

7233bda637f4f7aea3124c236fc346d6.jpg

104b653a81a50a830ee2bc7de137bda2.jpg

I then looked at the black series which are pretty good and they show great detail

ce543b2e7eb58e7598c735ebcf85638b.jpg

These are a decent match

https://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/p_12640_mens-tuffa-berkshire-black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jontxlawdog said:

Sorry to kick a dead horse, but which post was was Stefan's? I too would only like to purchase one pair of boots that would be l2 as well. 

That one. 

• Like 1