Btabc's Patrol Trooper build

Btabc

So I already have the helmet and I have padded the heck out of the inside and LOVE it!  I have also just placed my order for the complete armor set and am now just waiting to hear back on sizing and such!  I'm so excited to start this build and complete it!  I will just have the undersuit left as I wanted to wait for that after I finished the armor.  I will upload photos soon as well!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Post up some pics of that helmet!

Where did you go for your armor set? 
3d printed PLA armor scares me.  But maybe tha TV is all that is out there right now. 
Thanks,
Brian 

Currently ArmoryShop is the only maker and they 3D print their kits. Other makers are working on this armor as well

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:11 PM, Jedibrain said:

Where did you go for your armor set? 

3d printed PLA armor scares me.  But maybe tha TV is all that is out there right now. 

Thanks,

Brian 

Exactly what BikerScout007 said!  I got mine from Denis ArmoryShop.  I was extremely pleased with his helmet so I am finishing up my measurements and will be sending them to him either today or this weekend.  I still need to get a pic of the helmet lol.  I do know there are several that are working on this one as well, but they're still in the modeling phase.  I know what you mean with 3D printed armor, but what I like the most is that he makes them custom fit to your measurements!  No need to "shim" like I had to with my TK (even though I still love my TK haha).  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, Btabc said:

Exactly what BikerScout007 said!  I got mine from Denis ArmoryShop.  I was extremely pleased with his helmet so I am finishing up my measurements and will be sending them to him either today or this weekend.  I still need to get a pic of the helmet lol.  I do know there are several that are working on this one as well, but they're still in the modeling phase.  I know what you mean with 3D printed armor, but what I like the most is that he makes them custom fit to your measurements!  No need to "shim" like I had to with my TK (even though I still love my TK haha).  

This is exactly what has me leaning towards ArmoryShop, as a much shorter trooper I think it would be awesome to have custom fit armor. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I will be posting a few photos later, but I FINALLY got some more completed on my build!  I have the simple things finished:

Baton

Gun/Blaster (not bad, but will probably upgrade mine later on as it's an odd feel in my hands)

Chest and back armor parts (little bits and such are all glued on).  

The 3 hard boxes on the belt are sanded and fit together well with a dremel. 

I'm also working on some leather pouches of my own as I have plenty just sitting around my garage from bandoliers I'm making for my Wookie.  

I have also noticed that with my Baton the E6000 actually melted the paint, but I got a new one for jewelry from E6000 and it's great!  That and Gorilla Glue Gel... I HIGHLY recommend those to anyone working on this project!

Also a few ideas on how to reinforce other parts of my armor!  Next I will tackle the shins and boots.

• Like 3