Rebels Scout Blaster Build

Saw a post on Facebook today where WTF was designing a rebels Scout Blaster, but there's was designed completely from their ideas on how the blaster should look. 

My goal is to make a blaster based on references found in the series. 

Here are a few images I collected today from a biker scout chase scene in season 3 of the series. 

VmuzXXq.jpg

b44Ry9h.jpg

P1bp9Tq.jpg

hg4Twex.jpg

JadXMRo.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool to have another option for the blaster! I don’t think they made it up completely, for example the shape of the barrels look like the references, but they added details that are their own design. Without detailed images from the blaster design I think it will always be an artist impression. Looking forward to your design!

Do you have measurements for the holster it should fit in?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

Very cool to have another option for the blaster! I don’t think they made it up completely, for example the shape of the barrels look like the references, but they added details that are their own design. Without detailed images from the blaster design I think it will always be an artist impression. Looking forward to your design!

Do you have measurements for the holster it should fit in?

Hey there, no I don’t have the rebels holster measurements. If anyone would be willing to share these that would be immensely helpful! I am focusing mainly on the cosmetic details for now, but will focus on sizing when I get ready to put it together :)

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 7:29 AM, rottie said:

Just saw this.   How is it going?

The build has slowed due to some health and family issues.. but it is still going. When I was almost done modeling the first version I saw some smaller problem areas that need further work done to make everything just right. 

• 2 months later...

Just a note about the holster measurement I gave you. I have the WTF/Alain Rivard blaster on order. Turns out it doesn’t fit the current WTF holster, so just forget those measurements. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, ScaryGuy said:

Just a note about the holster measurement I gave you. I have the WTF/Alain Rivard blaster on order. Turns out it doesn’t fit the current WTF holster, so just forget those measurements. 

His own blaster doesn't fit his holster?
Or are we making the holster wrong?

15 minutes ago, Dimentex said:

His own blaster doesn't fit his holster?
Or are we making the holster wrong?

No, it’s off in both width and length. Alain told me they plan to modify the holster for the kit, but no time frame for that. 

When I get the blaster I’ll see how I’m going to modify the holster. I saved the scrap abs pieces so I can make color matching abs paste, if I need to fill anything after making mods. He also sent a 3D printed holster with it, but that needs to be painted.

Unfortunately he used the wrong shipping service so it’s coming by boat and it’s taking a loooooooooong time.

18 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

Here’s a pic from Alain how it would fit the current holster. It needs to be way more wider and is too long to keep the holster in place.

kmnpjN2.jpg

Interesting - looks like he put it together differently than you or I though - he butted the ends up and putty'ed them, not overlapped them.

2 hours ago, Dimentex said:

Interesting - looks like he put it together differently than you or I though - he butted the ends up and putty'ed them, not overlapped them.

He didn’t really put it together, he just did a quick mock up to show me how it would fit. But yes, the front ends should be butted together and the seam filled. And probably cut something out length wise.