RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper armor

jkno

12 hours ago, Ru4scuba said:

Yeah...I’m strongly leaning that way...trying to figure out if they will do a run after the pre-order or if this is it.

chris

The pre-order just ensures you're one of the first to get a set.  RS will keep making them; not sure if the price will change or not though as RS has said they're still hammering out the details on the soft goods.

• Like 2

i just secured my RS armor today ... as well, it will not be built by them.  

thats right, i will get to build the armor the way i want ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 762s said:

How'd you pull that off? They told me no when I asked. 

25 minutes ago, Chopper said:

How'd you pull that off? They told me no when I asked. 

i sent them a message on facebook and email and i just asked ....

ive dealt with them(andrea) alot in the past with helmets and extra serial number decals and problem parts .... they have always been willing to help. 
(except the last time which was when i got hospitalized so, i couldnt follow up with them to resolve the issue)

honestly, it would be in there best interest to not build the armor if people ask.  saves RS time and they get abit more profit from not having to work a kit up.

InkedNew Adobe Photoshop Image copy_LI.jpg

InkedNew Adobe Photoshop Image copy1_LI.jpg

New Adobe Photoshop Image copy2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ru4scuba said:

Yeah...launched on this today as well...full kit.  Looking forward to seeing the results!

nice! 

ill get with you over on FB and get you in our local A.R.T. group.

thats right, i will get to build the armor the way i want

Yeah I asked twice and Andrea said nope both times. Guess they like you more. Hahaha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 1:08 AM, tk 7261 said:

I wonder what height range this will fit well on. 

Scout armour is pretty forgiving in that department. We don't have the gapping issues that TK's have, so unless you're a wookie, it'll look just fine. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dart said:

Scout armour is pretty forgiving in that department. We don't have the gapping issues that TK's have, so unless you're a wookie, it'll look just fine. ;)

Thanks! Good to hear. I wasn't sure about how the helmet would look on smaller troopers. Wasn't sure how big it is compared to an SC. This armor looks amazing to me. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, 762s said:

Awesome :) Would really be interested in seeing how it compares to my armor!

4 hours ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

RS released a video today which, at the beginning, showcases their first prototype Red Label helmet. Here it is.

All in all I think it looks pretty good.

Yea, I saw this. I really like that they are doing vlogs. And that's really cool. I'm sure that will make it a lot easier to actually get the helmets made and keep a steady supply of them. I wonder if it will be a lower cost?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tk 7261 said:

Yea, I saw this. I really like that they are doing vlogs. And that's really cool. I'm sure that will make it a lot easier to actually get the helmets made and keep a steady supply of them. I wonder if it will be a lower cost?

It was selling at a lower cost when I got the full kit...I went with their original helmet but now that I see this, I’m wondering if I made a mistake (only in cost savings really) I’m fairly certain the full replica will be fine but this one looks pretty sweet!

Thx for sharing the vid!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:31 PM, Strider said:

Awesome :) Would really be interested in seeing how it compares to my armor!

yessir ... im curious too.
i will post a thread w/pics for the comparison of the two :)

I was up at RS yesterday and had the chance to view the new red label helmet . It's really nice , and comes fully lined in black soft material . 

Visually , from the outside, there is NO difference between the red label and the screen accurate build version . The face plate and visor are still vac formed so look perfect , and the fibreglass shell is the same shape etc as the vac formed one . As it's all painted in the same paint , they are indistinguishable from outside . 

Another step forward in screen accuracy for the troopers . 

• Like 3

I was up at RS yesterday and had the chance to view the new red label helmet . It's really nice , and comes fully lined in black soft material . 
Visually , from the outside, there is NO difference between the red label and the screen accurate build version . The face plate and visor are still vac formed so look perfect , and the fibreglass shell is the same shape etc as the vac formed one . As it's all painted in the same paint , they are indistinguishable from outside . 

Ok I just gotta have one now then. Great info.

10 hours ago, CatfoodRob said:

thats a shelf queen piece ... not sure why they choose to make and sell this.

a serious troop and the black material will be filled with condensation and sweat ... as it is now the condensation in an all plastic helmet builds up really really good in the front nose section.  in the summer time that material in the helmet has got to retain heat too ... sure, you can add fans but, they wont stop the sweat and condensation build up like one thinks.
is the black liner made to come out, to be washed, easily buy a replacement? 

im just fine with some soapy warm water rags and or alcohol wipes to clean my helmet when im done trooping.

and the weight of fiberglass is another reason people have went to all plastic helmets ... troopers dont want that extra weight on their heads for to long.

sorry, but, i dont see it as a step forward. 
actually they took a step back and mashed old heavy weight material together with new light weight material.

• Like 1

I got to agree with you guys there. Fiberglass can be miserable to troop in for any extended period of time which is most troops. I applaud their intent of making a sturdy shell but I prefer lightweight ABS on my noggin in the Arizona desert and especially since I’m prone to migraines and having more weight on my skull makes it worse.

• Like 2

Many many places on this planet don't have temperatures nearing the core of the sun . 

Back in the old days I trooped for years in a Fibreglass TK and had no issues . 

This helmet will both troop and display excellently . 

Also, if someone knows what they're doing, it's possible to make a lightweight AND strong fibreglass helmet that doesn't weigh a ton.

That all said, I'm looking forward to the day when I can get some new armour, and this is looking really good. Just have to finish that helmet now...

• Like 1

I think it's nice offering a more affordable version of that helmet but from a trooping (as some have pointed out) and prop accuracy the ABS version is clearly superior.

Cheers

P.S.: Come to think of it: The combination of a fibreglass shell and a ABS visor could have saved EFX a lot of trouble 😉

• Like 3