RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper armor

jkno

Wondering how they will fix the tank to the back? I also want to know if we can request the offwhite strapping. I only see white in the photos posted.

Will they finish the kit lancer specs with the loose tank and correct strapping?

7 hours ago, Lawless Scout said:

Wondering how they will fix the tank to the back? I also want to know if we can request the offwhite strapping. I only see white in the photos posted.

Will they finish the kit lancer specs with the loose tank and correct strapping?

On the scout page...

Hey RS, I am all over this and I need this Scout, but I don’t see this working for me, please help. No problem. Drop us an email to info@rspromasters.com and let’s see what we can work out for you. 

couldn’t hurt to ask. 

RS makes nice armor but please, everyone, keep in mind that even though they may have a “Lancer” equivalent kit it isn’t a shoe in. It’s just as important how the armor fits on you the wearer.

Everyone should thoroughly review a potential armor set as it’s a big investment so ask those questions and get all the information before you buy.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Retrofire said:

RS makes nice armor but please, everyone, keep in mind that even though they may have a “Lancer” equivalent kit it isn’t a shoe in. It’s just as important how the armor fits on you the wearer.

Everyone should thoroughly review a potential armor set as it’s a big investment so ask those questions and get all the information before you buy.

Well said!

1 hour ago, rmille63 said:

Went all in and picked up the full set.  I've got a few of their helmets and have been really happy with the quality so no worries here that RS will deliver.

Did you get Full ABS or the Red Label? I am interested to see how those turn out.

20 minutes ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

Did you get Full ABS or the Red Label? I am interested to see how those turn out.

I went full ABS for both accuracy and I also have one of their ABS helmets already and it's top notch.

• Like 1

Did they explain what the red label helmet is? I keep seeing references to it on facebook, but no explanation on the site?

Quoted from the RS Scout Trooper description:

Red_label_banner

Red Label replicas are true to the original studio made props, but tweaked to better suit costumers. They could be cleaned up and idealised. Or the materials changed. They could even be resized to allow for a bigger or taller trooper. It’s the props you love, just made for the real world.

Introducing the Red Label Scout Trooper Helmet. 

This helmet is the same size and retains all the details of the studio helmet it was created from. All the changes are in relation to the construction. This helmet is made from mixed media, comprising of a fibreglass back and cap, with vacuum formed peak and face. Why would you do that? Simple, we have reduced the huge amount of time required to produce the helmet and that allows us to reduce the price for the helmet. Err, Ok, sounds great, but we have seen other fibreglass helmets and they don’t measure up to your Pinseal ABS winner. Hey thanks, but don’t be put off by other makes helmets, this has had the full RS treatment. The fit, look, size and detailing are what you would expect from us. To finish the helmet off it’s fully lined in the same way as our X Wing helmets, so its super comfortable to wear on a long days troop, something we can’t do on a strictly screen accurate helmet replica.

If you are not into the new Red Label thing fear not, the Full ABS vacuum formed replica is still here and still available. Just select it from the options above.

That's the other reason I passed on the Red Label helmet; having worn a MLC biker helmet in the past it gets heavy really fast.  Plus I wasn't sure how well fiberglass and vac-formed plastic was going to look together.

Here's the latest v-blog entry from RS showing off the scout

• Like 2

Hi all,

New to the forum but but not the 501st...been eyeballing the RS kit as it says it is complete and build time is not on my side unfortunately...assuming the fit is correct, I’m guessing this would be good enough for basic approval...is that a true statement?

I keep flip flopping between this, a Kylo or a Praetorian Guard...

chris

Hi all,

New to the forum but but not the 501st...been eyeballing the RS kit as it says it is complete and build time is not on my side unfortunately...assuming the fit is correct, I’m guessing this would be good enough for basic approval...is that a true statement?

chris

As long as the soft goods and everything fits your good to go. Just out of curiosity you said build time is not on your side, the other two you mentioned seems like they would require a build of some sorts weather it be sewing or armor where you planning on getting them premade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

As long as the soft goods and everything fits your good to go. Just out of curiosity you said build time is not on your side, the other two you mentioned seems like they would require a build of some sorts seater it be sewing or armor where you planning on getting them premade?

As close to pre-made as possible is the idea.

Chris

9 hours ago, Ru4scuba said:

Hi all,

chris

The RS Scout has direct linage if that sort of thing matters to you.  Plus the quality from RS is fantastic so you wouldn't have any worries there.

3 hours ago, rmille63 said:

The RS Scout has direct linage if that sort of thing matters to you.  Plus the quality from RS is fantastic so you wouldn't have any worries there.

I am curious...what do mean by “direct lineage?”

• Like 1

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Yep. They make good armor you’ll be happy with it if you decide to do it

Yeah...I’m strongly leaning that way...trying to figure out if they will do a run after the pre-order or if this is it.

chris

They stil offer their screen used TK armor, so it's unlikely that this will be the only run they do of the scout armor.