Doubt with rubber belt and nylon belt

mirval

Please, I need some help with the cummerbund attaches. I think rubber belt is over a nylon belt, and both are over the cummerbund. Is it right? And how can I keep all parts joined? I’ve read that the better way is sewing everything. Sewing or snaps?

Other question, nylon belt has to be wider than rubber/silicone belt? CRL picture shows a big nylon belt under the silicone (the picture of belt).

I’m trapped at this point in my two kashyyyks.

Hi Miriam,

In my case I sewed the rubber belt directly to the cummerbun(didn´t use the black nylon belt, I think it's too cumbersome).

ixfb9ku.jpg

If I were to do it now I would sew some velcro on the belt and on the cummerbund so it would be easier to put on the transportation crate.

For the pouches I would also sew them directly to the cummerbund, I would just place them slightly higher on it tho...

Don´t forget to fill the pouches, I used foam and painted to top black:

R5ac9v2.jpg

huWMDb6.jpg

lZnMpOB.jpg

Great! Thanks for the pictures!!!

How did you join the ring to the rubber belt? Well, ring... the central piece with the straps and pouches

Ah! That was a big secret I developed!!! Just kidding, I was just lucky to find the right glue because it is flexible:

Super-Cola-3-Loctite-Poder-Flex-Adesivo-

So, first you need to check where you want to glue the buckle on:

6BWxFvh.jpg

Then you make two small incisions in the raised part of the belt to allow the leather straps to go through:

d3deda5.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In the post that I have opened in our garrison, you've already seen I explain the easiest way in my view to do it, I have not sewn, because then when washing the cummerbund, you would have to unstitch it, I have done with pressure buttons , both in the cummerbund and in the belt

wtBDKB2.jpg

VsARlZe.jpg

HzzTs7f.jpg

o8NiMNX.jpg

eWxc9tR.jpg

aIARb8E.jpg

ISgSvCg.jpg

I don't want to sew all pieces, I think too it can be uncomfortable. But I see the silicone belt so fragile. I have found a third idea: I have sewn silicone belt to a nylon belt, which has got snaps to join the cummerbund. I think it protects the silicone and painting from manipulating. I have found in a local store an oil painting for silicone and it works! But I prefer to protect this paint

20180903_185503.jpg

• Like 1