GF’s Frankenstein Shoretrooper Build

Hey y’all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I dug the ST the first time I saw it. Thanks to a super-cool dude, friend, neighbor and garrison mate, I now have something to work with. He printed a bucket, E-22, and some greeblies from Sean’s files and purchased a KB kit (still in the box). My friend decided to build a Death Trooper instead and sold me his ST stuff. Now that I’ve got props & kit in hand, I feel like it’s time to establish some real estate here.

To start my build I’ve got:

• bucket and greeblies printed from Sean’s files, already filled & sanded

• E-22 printed from Sean’s files and finished 

• KB kit still in the box

I’ve never built a kit I didn’t mod (some more heavily than others). I will be modding this kit fairly heavy, but it’ll give me a base to start with. I’ll be replacing several sections of the kit with hand-cut Kydex material to get sharper details. I’m really looking forward to this build. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Pathfinders forum!

Thanks, all! Hope to get some solid feedback as I go. I’m horrible at documenting builds step-by-step, but I’ll certainly have lots of specific questions.

That said, this bucket looks big to me. How does the scale of Sean’s bucket compare to an Anovos, for example?

I don’t have a side by side comparison for you, but the Anovos is probably the smallest bucket out there. What really matters is how it fits you, and matches the proportions of your armor.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:42 PM, ScaryGuy said:

I don’t have a side by side comparison for you, but the Anovos is probably the smallest bucket out there. What really matters is how it fits you, and matches the proportions of your armor.

Agreed.

I’m 5’11” and I don’t have a big mellon, so I’m concerned with the scale of this helmet. I’ll know how it really looks when I’ve got the upper armor put together, but I have a bad feeling about this. ;)

This one is bigger than my other helmets.

Here’s a couple. My animated ARC is closest in size, but I believe even that one is a bit smaller.

FullSizeRender_h1pa8ALBvjr6kNU71KvGiz.jp
IMG_3577.HEIC

It has to be really big compared to the armor before it's going to be an issue. Has the bucket been printed on a large scale? But like you said, it's better to make a judgement when you can compare it when wearing the upper armor pieces.

3 hours ago, ScaryGuy said:

It has to be really big compared to the armor before it's going to be an issue. Has the bucket been printed on a large scale? But like you said, it's better to make a judgement when you can compare it when wearing the upper armor pieces.

Good question. I’ll see if it was printed larger than 100% scale.

I put a measuring tape to my ST bucket and it’s actually not as big as I thought it was.

For comparison, I measured Sean’s 3D printed helmet and my others around the visor. Findings were as follows:

• Sean’s TS approx. 31” DIA

• OSCS Phase II Clone approx. 29.25” DIA

• EVO3 Animated ARC approx. 30” DIA

• TZA Senate Commando approx. 29.5” DIA

They are all faily close in size. I felt that my TS had a ton of extra room inside, which I think is why I was convinced it was oversized. However, this is also the first 3D printed helmet I’ve owned. Unlike the my other casted helmets, this one is uniform in thickness. It doesn’t have lumps of resin taking up space inside. That’s the major difference.

This concern has been put to bed.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Not much to report other than my renewed enthusiasm. I actually put hands on this build, yesterday. Been busy helping my Son finish his ARC Commander Blitz and am currently helping a friend build his Sideshow ARC Trooper Fives. 

IMG_6630.heic

For my Shoretrooper, I’m taking a similar approach to my Bly. This will be a Frankenstein build of vacc’ed parts, 3D printed, and some hand-made by me.

I’ve started by ditching the vacc’ed ab/kidney and building my own from different thicknesses of Kydex. This gives me sharp edges over the soft vacc’ed features and the superior durability of Kydex over printed parts. I’ve started cutting, stacking, and gluing detail pieces and will post pics as I make progress.

• General Fidelis changed the title to GF’s Frankenstein Shoretrooper Build

Hey! It's awesome that you are coming back to your build after all these years! That's really cool and if someone asks you how long it took to build you costume you can tell them 'half a decade' and shock them :P

But in all seriousness, excited to see progress! I generally would love to see the different approaches people take to making their costumes!

• Like 1

Yup! Every time I start dusting this project off, I end up helping some one with their costume or prototyping something different. I think I’ll work with what I’ve got here, then travel down the upgrade road, when it’s “done”.