FarEast ST19758 Vanguard Request (APPROVED)

Armor: Sean Fields - Modified

Helmet: Sean Fields V2

Shirt: Sheev's Emporium

Breeches: Steven Walker

Boots: Orca Bay Brecon Havana

E-22: Sean Fields V2

Soft belt: Jim Tripon

Gloves: Endor Finders

TK8271 Rogue Trooper supplied me with test cards of Montana Gold Sahara Beige and Nordic blue - these were then copied exactly using spectrum and pigment analyses and used throughout the build Toyota red as per the CRL was used.

WCC5XGAl.jpg

LZPMYErl.jpg

HP11aKyl.jpg

9B6xUVul.jpg

Helmet Details:

xSOE6P0l.jpg

zVtncbEl.jpg

mcX8Lmjl.jpg

tEvevncl.jpg

qnVj7nJl.jpg

MJDQToKl.jpg

Shirt and Neck Seal Bib:

3gm04rGl.jpg

SvGguNOl.jpg

Lek1NnRl.jpg

Y7T2oGml.jpg

Chest:

i8pImPrl.jpg

3a7CHGyl.jpg

eIOQGJFl.jpg

z6bMZk4l.jpg

QLtJvVtl.jpg

G08BLWEl.jpg

hZ72mBFl.jpg

• Like 1

Hip Armour and Details:

x7eP4PLl.jpg

cFRi64tl.jpg

L76rOgul.jpg

7sRgRJVl.jpg

Jodhpurs:

wLhpND4l.jpg

FBfjXKql.jpg

vFjktfll.jpg

Greaves:

KsEvBO5l.jpg

pnOAhAfl.jpg

Sf0y9Ecl.jpg

Ob8Tk3Nl.jpg

q4QT2CTl.jpg

Ehf2Ggnl.jpg

4Q2hYR8l.jpg

DJHrufGl.jpg

jII9hVsl.jpg

Action Shots:

NIEt4VTl.jpg

oH1YwoOl.jpg

J2CJY0tl.jpg

jNFXziLl.jpg

28KZQ0Pl.jpg

E22 Blaster:

Work in progress

Thanks for your application James. Can you also post detail pictures of your E-22?

Right now the E22 is being built - awaiting certain parts such as scope and flashlight, is the blaster actually required for Vanguard status? If so can it be stunt or will it need to be the hero version?

Right now the E22 is being built - awaiting certain parts such as scope and flashlight, is the blaster actually required for Vanguard status? If so can it be stunt or will it need to be the hero version?

I'll have to get back to you on that, but if so both stunt or hero would be fine.

I'll have to get back to you on that, but if so both stunt or hero would be fine.

Awesome thank you - as mentioned its built with all the correct mounts and screws - its awaiting its gun metal finish and scope and flash light.

James, we looked into your application and we ask you to make the following changes:

As per basic approval requirement: "2 wedge shaped recesses on the outer edge of each mandible". Yours look straight/flat. Should be like this:

5ab74942da7e95d05d51c0d52cd1ea77.png

Your chin cup is the wrong type. Look for JSP AHV000-500-000. Should be like this, with 3 oblong cut out shapes all laying flat.

3cd45be7aa72aeca2770fc0e7d0fb524.jpg

The black bands on your should bell are too thick, and the white band too high from the edge of the shoulder bell. Best way is to take measurements with imaging software from a reference picture and scale those measurements to the actual size of your shoulder bell.

Yours:

2d5a5f9effe2eb2773ae2e77c104f5d6.png

Should be:

4dba65f303a3109df18e8a1a71649e8e.png

Your foam is covering your shoulder bells (BTW did you use plastazote foam?)

bbb14641638532f5dc12a463f3c8aaa9.png

52fc7e837efb045f0572314163c57e71.png

Maybe you need too trim it, or it could be the way you have attached the foam to your armor. Normally the foam would curve inwards. This is how it curves on mine.

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

In the pictures your shins look lighter then your upper armor. Can we get a side by side picture of your shins next to an upper armor piece?

320ceff8698c3b8e4d0fafe7d47629a6.png

Also the top piece of the cover strip looks lighter then the rest of the shin.

Sf0y9Ecl.jpg

The black paint inside the front greeblie should be sahara beige

5a5250a8be93d545c9a8093afe8d5ff5.png

Like this:

85ae130e2687c8032c7c153c45d8d78a.png

The sides and back of your boots should be darker and weathered like the front of the boot.

bpwM1Fm.jpg

pVuiADW.jpg

• Like 1

We discussed the blaster requirement. If you can’t have a blaster due to local law restrictions, or other reasons, we can make an exemption. But since you obviously have a blaster it should meet the level 2 requirements. So we will need pictures of your finished blaster for your approval.

• Like 1

Awesome feed back and I really appreciate the fast response and also the excellent reference photos - I can address some of the things immediately.

2 wedge shaped recesses on the outer edge of each mandible:

pq2S34Fl.jpg

Colour confrmation:

gTVycl0l.jpg

Cover strip colour variation:

Thank you for that! It was lighter as I hadn't actually weathered it after a hot fix to remove the detail of the cover strip.

zkGNtvFl.jpg

uWICFKMl.jpg

Shoes:

NqvevjBl.jpg

4L4EYOcl.jpg

Front Greeblie:

j2Gzac1l.jpg

Also in regards to the shoulder bell another build group has stated that these are the correct ratios, could you confirm this please as the bands seam to be a sticking point for many of us.

eJNh1xJl.jpg

I took my measurements directly from the CRL by scaling the image to my shoulder bells.

1qDpQORl.jpg

More than happy to repaint - I just want to get it right first time and it seems there is no clear rule of thumb here and its by eye, and due to the curve of the shoulder bell it messes with the perception of band thickness.

More detailed imput would be really helpful to the entire community.

Here's a comparison between your should bell next to a reference picture:

JxDchhr.jpg

Using absolute measurements from others only works if everybody is using the exact same armor. But since we have many different types of armor which vary in size and shape this doesn't always work right. The picture with the band measurements that is floating around gets you in the right ball park, which is fine for basic approval, but for level 2 we want to get the proportions right. It's not a one size fits all.

So you have to take your own measurements from a reference picture and scale that to your armor. Also be careful when using images from a CRL. These are meant to give an impression on how an (basic) approvable costume could look like, but not always match the requirements for higher levels. It's better to use reference pictures of an original costume.

Still your bottom black band looks thicker, and the white band smaller, then the one in the CRL you are referencing.

To get the dimensions for the black and white bands I used an imaging program (in this case Gimp). Using a measurement tool I determined the measurements of an original shoulder bell.

5zplsKV.jpg

In the picture the height of the shoulder bell was 164 mm. The black and white bands in the picture are from top to bottom 11.6, 40.2 en 10.9 mm. My shoulder bell has an actual height of 205 mm. So I had to multiply every measurement by 205 / 164 to scale them to my shoulder bell. So the width of the bands for mine are 14.5, 50.2 and 13.6 mm. As you can see the top black band is approx. 1 mm thicker then the bottom one.

Again, this is an example on how it worked for me. You have to do the math for your own shoulder bell. Also check the distance from the bottom edge of the shoulder bell and compare it with screen references. You may have to tweak it a bit if the shape is a bit different from the screen used.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ScaryGuy said:

Those dimensions look good!

Thank you so much for the references they were a great help and the side by side comparison really showed exactly where the issues were - I appreciate you going out of your way to do that for me.

I have a ton of Plaztizote left over so I will probably remove it and remodel it so that it faces inwards like yours. Again many thanks for the guidance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

E22 Blaster Stunt

E22 Blaster: Sean Fields 3D files - modified

M38 Scope: Bulldog Prop

M300 Tactical Flash light: Airsoft Replica

*Due to Japanese Firearms and Sword laws it is illegal to import the S&T Sterling Airsoft replica - The legal limit on Airsoft replicas in Japan ( 0.98 Joule (325fps)  and as the S&T is rated at 350~380 FPS and would be detained at customs and either sent back to port of origin or destroyed.

QdumK5xl.jpg

LvKUgoVl.jpg

EeTu6Bbl.jpg

vswGyDkl.jpg

8nT66oVl.jpg

1MJvsbVl.jpg

hVFbJY1l.jpg

CZmhepil.jpg

51 minutes ago, FarEast said:

*Due to Japanese Firearms and Sword laws it is illegal to import the S&T Sterling Airsoft replica - The legal limit on Airsoft replicas in Japan ( 0.98 Joule (325fps)  and as the S&T is rated at 350~380 FPS and would be detained at customs and either sent back to port of origin or destroyed.

We don't expect people to buy the actual airsoft gun, the blaster design just has to be based on the airsoft version. E.g. it has to have the grip of the airsoft version instead of the more rounded grip of the original Sterling. Resin casts or 3D printed designs are just fine.

I had a quick glance over it, the bolts in the scope rail should not be sunken:

nK1TmiY.jpg

Getting there, foam seems to be the last remaining issue.

I'm also looking into the red strip on the sides of your blaster. The hero versions had the red strips with functioning leds, the stunt blasters didn't have a red strip.

The foam is done - just plan on putting the armour back on and taking the shots for you again.

As for the red bar on the blaster - just let me know - two passes with the airbrush is all it takes to change it.

if you could let me know ASAP as I hope to pass soon as I’d love kento put the order in for the racing shirt with vanguard status :D 

so I really appreciate the effort you’re putting in to help me.

Allright James, we want to see the red strip only if you have the hero version of the blaster, including all the leds as specified in the optional requirments for the E-22. So if you are sticking with the stunt the red strip should be removed.

50 minutes ago, ScaryGuy said:

Allright James, we want to see the red strip only if you have the hero version of the blaster, including all the leds as specified in the optional requirments for the E-22. So if you are sticking with the stunt the red strip should be removed.

Understood and will remove red strip

Plastazote and Shoulder Bell correction:

I actually reprinted the Shoulder bells bigger after discussion with other Shoretroopers.I also angled the plastazote in wards as per your recommendation so it naturally goes under the bell.:

G8ubJoQ.jpg

xr70dJl.jpg

pCPF8VV.jpg

Photos courtesy of my Daughter.

• Like 1