Correct Soft Parts

Just making sure that these are the right soft parts, I found them online. 40167257020_d5ddc54e73_b.jpg40167256360_300a36d3a9_b.jpg

Yes, they are made from Cotton. What is the dye that I will want to use on them to get the the correct color? Is there a thread here that talks about properly dyeing them from that color?

I checked out the pants, they're 70% cotton.shirt is 100% cotton. Will that muck up the dye process for the pants?

It shouldn't. The cotton pants & shirt are the best. The smooth-textured "rip-stop" material is acceptable, but it dyes very weird. A lot darker, and then the threads have to be colored over. So, cotton is good.

Make sure to remove all of the pockets, epaulets, and/ or any patches that might still be there,from the shirt.

And remove the outer pockets from the pants as well. The large thigh pockets on the outside can be used for the thigh pouches. They do work for the right size, when sewed correctly. (I hate doing it, but for some reason I struggle through.)

I've killed many sewing needles in the process...especially when I did the gloves...ugh! Another long and depressing story...)

But, I have used Rit fabric dye. Black and Dark brown. One Dark Brown bottle and part of the black. (Add some black for a darker look...as preferred by the user.)

The fabric will have a purple tint to it when wet, but will go to a dark to medium brown when dried. After you dye them, hang them up in the sun if possible to dry. When they are dry, see if that level of dyeing is good. Post up some pictures here and we'll offer up opinions. I realize that not everyone will have the best colors in their computer, but a "close enough" on the dye usually works. If what you end up with is too light, throw them back in the dye for another round.

We'll continue to help out as best as we can.

I'm not even sure if there is a thread on dyeing them.

I thought I had seen one, but...not too sure, now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone found the boots with the correct sole shape cut into them or do most people dremel out the higher arch?

I just bought Jango boots from Crow Props. It has the same sole, just in black. I’m going to paint the sole and the usage would reveal black scratches, giving a weathered look. $180 plus shipping. He does make a gray/ tan version for kashyyyk and galactic marines, but I think he might be out of stock of the soles for now. He said the black sole Jangos were in stock

I just bought Jango boots from Crow Props. It has the same sole, just in black. I’m going to paint the sole and the usage would reveal black scratches, giving a weathered look. $180 plus shipping. He does make a gray/ tan version for kashyyyk and galactic marines, but I think he might be out of stock of the soles for now. He said the black sole Jangos were in stock

im not familiar with Crow Props

That would be Gio, how are you guys painting the sole?

That would be Gio, how are you guys painting the sole?

I’ll use SEM flexible paint. If it scuffs a touch, it’ll show black and Look like good weathering.

• Like 1

I’ll use SEM flexible paint. If it scuffs a touch, it’ll show black and Look like good weathering.

Cool thanks!

• 1 month later...

I got the top and bottom in the mail. I accidently popped a hole in the chest of the shirt, but it will be covered up by the cummerbund. I also saw some weird discoloration between the 2 the lighter parts on the pants had kind of a pinkish hue to it. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, Jakeputt said:

I got the top and bottom in the mail. I accidently popped a hole in the chest of the shirt, but it will be covered up by the cummerbund. I also saw some weird discoloration between the 2 the lighter parts on the pants had kind of a pinkish hue to it. Any ideas?

maybe it will even out during the dyeing....